Ashes of roses

2 weeks later

It's been 2 weeks since the incidence and Hussein is still not awake. For Hala everyday it felt like someone was stabbing her heart with a two sided knife. Her heart was bleeding so did her soul. She spent her days at the hospital waiting for him to wake up and nights at home seeing her children, finding their features similar to their father and then praying for his recovery and the cycles goes on the next day.

She was sitting on a chair near his bed. She was holding his hand which were not warm enough like they used to be. She missed their warmth. Tears were flowing from her eyes.

"Please wake up Hussein! I really miss you. I can't see you like this. I have never thought of seeing you like this, it is killing me with every passing moment. I'll die soon if you keep testing me like this. Please Hussein". She said placing her eyes on his hand, her voice was trembling.

She was sitting on a sofa with her eyes closed after crying her heart out. She heard the sound of the door opening and saw Hussein's doctor coming in the room to check on his vitals. She sat on the sofa with her head on her hands when she heard a low squeal from the doctor.

"He is waking up, Your Highness". The doctor told Hala with a tint of excitement and happiness in his voice. Hala instantly got up from the sofa and reached his bed.

"Hussein!" Hala called him and he was continously batting his eyes, trying to adjust to the lights of the room. The doctor dimmed the lights and he finally opened his eyes.

"How are you feeling your highness?" Doctor asked him and he finally spoke after few minutes, staring at both of them and then what he said astonished them.

He recited the first kalima right after waking up. They had heard of people reciting kalima before dying, but for the first they saw a person reciting it after defeating death. He then smiled looking towards Hala. He was doing right alhumdullilah. Hala was continuously thanking Allah.

Just like the news of his shooting, the news of his recovery spread like a fire in jungle. It was all over the media that he had woken up. It was a day of delight for everyone in Jordan.

Everyone was visiting him at the hospital and he was doing really well. His vitals were just fine. He was recovering alhumdullilah.

3 days later

Hala was literally staying at the hospital 24/7 with him. Their children came to visit their parents. Hussein had tears in his eyes whilst holding them in his hands. When he was shot, he was scared to lose them, he was thinking of these little creatures and this beautiful woman to whom he had the honour of calling wife.

"I love you all and I'm sorry for scaring you". He said in the lowest tone with tears in his eyes.

The children went home with their nannies after few hours. Hussein was trying to get up when Hala came forward to help him.

"You know I can do that". Hussein said

"Really? Don't try to act like a hero". She said and helped him.

"Sit". Hussein told her while patting on the bed besides him. She sat down and put her head on his shoulder.

"Am I hurting you?" She asked him for putting her head

"Nothing that I can't manage". He said. She pulled her head away from his shoulder.

"Have I asked you to move?" Hussein said and put her head back.

"Aren't you acting too bossy after waking up?" Hala asked her

"Am I?" Hussein counter questioned her.