Stages of love

Third Person's POV

A month later

Tonight they were going to a party at another friend's house. Ehtasham as usual was busy convincing Hala for a party while Hussein was somewhat reluctant. He didn't want Hala to go there for some odd reasons that he did not know but at last Hala agreed.

Hussein's POV

At Night

The three of us entered the venue together, I and Ehtasham were meeting our friends when Emir came there.

"Who is she?". Emir asked pointing at Hala. He was our classfellow at King's Academy and he was total bastard. The way he looked at Hala boiled my blood.

"She is Hala, she worked at CPF, our new project's vice-head." I introduced her.

"Oh nice, Hi Hala!". Emir said while extending his hand for a shake.

"Hi!". Hala said totally ignoring his hand. That's my girl. I always say Hala knew how to keep people in their limits and she did it right. I was a liberal and did Hala but being a liberal did not give you a certificate to do anything.

"Mustafa! Mustafa is there, come on Hala let's meet him". Ehtasham said and both went from there.

"She is not your type, so I suggest you to maintain your distance from her." I told him in a stern tone and went from there to meet Mustafa.

I never liked ultra modernized or westernized girls. That's didn't mean, I didn't like west. I went to study there and good things must be adopted but there were some obligations being Muslims. No one liked a womanizer neither west. They had such high standards when it come to choosing a partner. They kept morality very high, that's why, they were so much successful. We should learn these from them not having affairs.

I was a strong advocate of woman empowerment but empowering didn't mean to forget your culture, tradition, religon and limits. Being empowered means to be successful and yet strongly standing on your roots. This is what I liked about Hala, she was strong, confident, smart yet strongly standing on her roots. I never met any girl like her. She was different.

"Enough of the ogling Mr." Mustafa said

"Shut up! I don't do such things". I declared when clearly I was but I can't say that out loud. Can I?

"But right now you are doing". Mustafa was adamant.

"By the way, don't you think she is the 1st who has not thrown herself on you". Mustafa said with a laugh

"That's why, I highly doubt her feminism". I winked Mustafa.

"You're so bad Hussein". Mustafa condemned me. After that we started talking about other things when we heard a loud voice. Hala had thrown a whole glass of juice on Emir to which he started shouting. We went to them.

"What happened?" Mustafa asked while I was glaring Emir.

"This bit** thaaaarr". Emir started saying when I cut him off. How dare he abuse Hala. I wish I could cut his tongue. Hala slowly came towards me and stood a bit behind me, holding my arm. I controlled myself.

"Language Emir!" I warned him

"She threw juice on me". Emir said immediately changing his tone.

"Now please tell them why I did that?" Hala said crossing her arms.

"He tried to touch me and talked all the rubbish things one can say." Hala explained. I closed my fist to punch him when Hala again held my arm.

"She is lying". Emir denied the facts. Like I didn't know you nerd.