Your silence hurts

Hala's POV

I had the most intimate encounter with Hussein at office. His touch was so gentle yet sensual leaving me vulnerable and in want. I had always been a kind of sexually repressed person but he had the ability to induce new feelings and emotions in me and the newest one being kiss. I was anticipating our first kiss but he was gone to Aqaba for two days.

I had my headphones on, a romantic bollywood song was playing. As the singer sang in her melodious voice, tum pe hum tu mare ja rhe hai (I'm falling hard for you). I felt strong pair of arms around me, caging me, holding me protectively, mitne ki zid tu kiye ja rhe hai (I can happily ruin myself for you) I closed my eyes and a handsome face appreared. It was the most beautiful face I have ever seen or I had never found any face more beautiful than that. The face I fell hard for and falling harder with each passing day.

Next day

This room had been mine since wedding and for the first I spent a night alone here without Hussein. I felt sort of empty and dark and watching the vampire diaries didn't help a lot. With a sigh, I got ready for my first engagement.

I went downstairs, had my breakfast and met with Mummy aka Queen Rania for the world. My first engagement was with her. We sat together and had some chit chat where she told me about the protocols and we shared our routines and some home planning ideas with eachother.

Deep down I had been missing Hussein. I wanted him to be here and wish me luck for my first public encounter. I sat in the car with mummy and my husband finally called me. I smilingly picked up his phone.

"Hey!". I said with a huge smile dancing on my lips.

"Hii, How are you?". He asked me in his deep husky voice. Ugh Hala! Stop being so bothered by his voice.

"I am good, How are you?" I said controlling my inner overly romantic self who had just surfaced after being hidden for 26 years.

"I am fine. I called to wish you luck for your first public engagement. Don't be nervous. Just be your amazing self and you will nail it". He said showing his confidence in me.

"Well do you seriously think that I can nail it?" I asked just to boost my confidence a bit more.

"Yeah! I've full confidence in your abilities. You will be great today". He said with ultimate confidence sending my poor self on cloud nine.

"Thank you! And you will be back by night right?" I asked him

"No actually, I am sorry Hala but I won't be back for a week". He said and I was dumbfounded. What he meant to say that he won't be back for a week. He had gone for 2 days and they were almost complete. I felt its some kind of a betryal to me. I did not know what to say. He was gone for damn 48 hours and now 4 more days. Did he know how many hours 6 days have?

"Hala!" He said my name for me to say something but I didn't know what to say.

"Ohh okk. So I'll catch up with you later". I cut the call and took deep breaths to calm myself but it was already horrifying me thinking about him being away for more days.

My whole mood was ruined by him. How could he leave me alone for a week? Didn’t he know that I was habitual of his presence now. Mummy put a hand on my thigh and smiled at me.

“Are you ok sweetheart?” Mummy asked me and I tried to smile but it was in vain. Was I not important for him?

“You are extremely important for him always remember that but work is also important. right?” Mummy told me as if she had read my mind.

We reached Madaba where we met with women who were related with the business of clothes. The clothes were beautiful and we discussed how work was done and what problems they faced. The agony I felt that my husband gave me was slowly vanishing and I loved chatting with the ladies. My mind was quickly working on the business idea that could boost their business.