The first time I believed

Third Person's POV

The memory flashed into her mind in seconds. Every detail in her mind was so fresh. She looked upward and there he was standing looking downward. She saw his hands. Her heart found them more beautiful. She wanted to look at his face but Osama cleared his throat to grab her attention. She looked up at him. He seemed furious. He was glaring at Hala. Hala quickly slid the ring into his finger but her heart was thumping so loudly. She was not happy. She wanted to cry.

Hala's mother come forward with tears in her eyes. Watching her mother near her broke all the boundries she was making around herself from past six months.

She hugged her mother and started crying. Everyone thought that she got emotional at the thought of leaving her parents. But only she knew what she was going through. Her heart was broken.

Hala attended the whole ceremony with a fake smile while Osama's mood hadn't gotten better a bit and he didn't even try to hide it. Hala's mind was so caught up in her own heartache that she didn't even look at him to find something weird.

After the ceremony ended, Hala was sitting on a swing in her garden. This was her favourite spot in her whole house. She was staring at sky, the stars reminded her of Wadi Rum. The first time she saw stars with Hussein. Why always he came in her mind? Why everything reminds her of Hussein?

She was lost in herself when Reema came to her. She is Hala's bestfriend since childhood. They both were friends since pre-school and then they got stick to eachother for lifetime. She was the only one who knew everything that happened between Hala and Hussein.

Hala's POV

I looked at Reema when my eyes went towards the window where Hussein was standing. I smiled looking at him and he smiled back but instantly closed the window. My heart ached but I tried to mask. Reema came forward and without saying anything, she hugged me.

This was it and I broke into tears. I hugged her and cried my heart out. She was slowly patting my back while holding me tightly. When I didn't have stamina to cry more. I looked up and she slowly rubbed my cheeks.

"Why did you agree on marrying Osama when you are so in love with Hussein?" She asked me politely. I never really thought about it.

"He talked to me very politely when I first met him. He is baba's friend's son and when I came back, amma baba wanted to get settle and they introduced me with Osama. He is a nice guy, liberal, respected me and reminded me of...." I left the sentence incomplete, I cannot tell her that he reminded me of Hussein but she sort of guessed.

"You can't live your life like that. He is not Hussein and can never be. If you have made the decision of leaving him, stick to it and try to give Osama the place he deserve as your fiance". Reema tried to convince me. Its not like that I didn't know that but seeing Hussein here devastated myself.

Next day

Everyone was leaving today and I was burning with fever. I bid my byes to everyone at airport despite they all tried their best to convince me to rest.

"You should rest". Ehtasham said while looking at my face.

"I don't want to sit back at home doing what some people did to me". I said loudly. I did not know why I said that but it hurts me everytime I think about Hussein not coming to airport to bid his last goodbye. This guy was so stubborn even he knew I was talking about him, he kept looking straight.

I was sitting in my car driving back home when Osama started to call me. I picked up the phone trying to sound fresh.

"Where are you?" Osama asked me