chapter 1

New book yall! Please tell me what you think.

Louis' pov

I'm standing in front of a small store, I've been standing here for a while now trying to decide if my plan was really worth it. I feel my stomach rumble and I huff softly before actually walking into the store to actually do what I came for.

You see I live in a foster home, I've been placed with quite a few families already but none of them seem to like me, they all send me back after about just a week. The longest I stayed with family is 3 weeks, they told me that we were going to do something fun and they just brought me back. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong... I help around in the house, I try my best to be as kind as possible and always smile but nothing works, no one actually wants me and with each year that pasted less and less people are interested in me, I'm turning 18 in a month so literally no one wants me even the foster home stopped paying attention to me, who am I kidding they stopped paying attention to me when I came in when I was 4.

The foster home has been over full ever since I arrived so they had to pick who would get to eat and I seemed to be on the very end of their pick list so I rarely got food, only if I stole it from the kitchen but that was very difficult as well seeing that if I get caught that the foster home mom, Linda would punish me badly. Not only then she would punish me for even breathing wrong. I see you thinking why don't you just get a job so you can eat and leave but we are not allowed, we are only allowed to leave the home for one hour a day.

Which is why I'm now walking into the small grocery store without money in my pockets but desperate to leave with some food so my stomach will feel full for once. I look around to see a grumpy looking male with some bruising around his eye standing behind the counter staring straight at me, I give him a soft smile hoping to be on his good side but he doesn't return it he keeps that angry look on his face that scares me slightly.

I walk around the store a bit until my eyes fall on two candy bars that look amazing, I reach over and put them into my pockets hoping that that the guy behind the counter can't see me, I just really want to eat something.

I walk over to the exit keeping my eyes on the floor when suddenly I'm roughly grabbed by my shoulder "You filthy little thief! You will pay for this!" I let out a whimper as he manhandles me into the back of the store into a small room, he pushes me into a chair and takes the candy bars from me before pulling his phone out of his pocket and starts dialing the number that makes me even more scared.

"-I have a boy here who tried to steal from me and when I confronted him he assaulted me." My eyes widen, I would never do that! I just wanted some food! I don't hurt people. My eyes start watering slightly, scared of what's going to happen.

"-Yeah I have him detained in the back of my store-" "-Yeah I would appreciate if you would come get him."

He ends the call and turns to give me one last look before walking out of the small room and locking it, leaving me all alone, hungry and scared of what's going to happen. Will I get arrested? Will they tell Linda? I hope they won't tell Linda, she will punish me so so badly!

Niall's pov

Harry, Liam, Zayn and I are eating lunch together which is actually very rare, usually we are too busy with work to eat together. Liam and Zayn are detectives which means that they are very busy with work but today is a very slow day, they closed one of the biggest drug circuits in the area yesterday and nothing has really been happening today. Harry and I are just officers, we don't like very big crime cases, Harry and I just like helping people with small every day crimes that could happen to anyone.

"What are we gonna eat tonight?" I ask the boys, you see Harry, Liam, Zayn and I are in a relationship together, we all met in school and it just clicked from the moment we met and now we are all happily together in our big beautiful home and are able to work together too which was our dream.

"We are going to eat pi-" Liam couldn't finish his sentence as my work phone starts ringing signaling that Harry and I have a job to do. I get off my chair with a huff knowing that I will have to get up anyway.

"Horan speaking."

"There has been a shoplifting where the shop owner got assaulted, I need you and Styles to go down there and look what's going on."

With that the call ends. "We have to go, some stupid shoplifter assaulted someone." My boyfriends hum as I give all of them a kiss on the lips, Harry does the same before following me out of the door to get this call over with.

It was a short drive to the store, a short drive that was filled with me and Harry singing to bad music. I park the car and look over to Harry and give him a quick peck on the lips before getting out of the car.

I enter the store to find the owner already waiting with a black eye that looks too old to be caused today. "Finally there you are! The filthy thief did this to me!" He points at his eye "I'm sorry that that happened sir, where is the person that did this to you? Can you bring us to them?" The male nods at Harry's question and mentions for us to follow him to the back of the store.

He unlocks a door and opens it "He's here." With that the owner walks off again... weird...

I look into the room and I can't believe what I see.

First chapter of a new book Yall!!

~~~Renée