Chapter 11

Ida's POV-

After an uncomfortably quiet carriage ride back the castle, and when we had gotten up to our bed chamber, Loki turned around, halting right in front of the door and holding up his arm as if to block me from going in. "I'm going to spend some time alone for a bit, okay?"

"Huh?" I frowned, confused.

"I just need to distress and relax" he shrugged.

"Loki, I am literally in soaking wet clothes, can I at least change first?"

His green eyes narrowed at me, but then flickered down to the fabric that was still sticking to my skin. It felt cold and constricting, and I am sure that was pretty apparent to him. His eyes softened a little as they shifted back to mine, yet there was still a spark of annoyance in his irises. And maybe even a little bit of sadness, if I wasn't wrong. For what reason, I had no idea.

"Fine then" he stepped to the side, permitting my entrance. "But hurry up"

"I will" I brushed passed him inside the bed chamber and went straight for the wardrobe.

I really felt like getting right into my night gown, but we hadn't even had dinner yet, and I knew that that would be super inappropriate to show up wearing that in the king's presence. Though, I was not entirely sure if that would have been as bad as going barefoot...

"I said to hurry" Loki grumbled, reaching over me to pull out an undershirt.

"I really don't feel like going down for dinner tonight" I admitted.

"Then don't"

"It is optional?" I turned around, but he was closer than I expected, so my face crashed right into the drenched shirt on his chest.

Embarrassed, I stepped back.

"Not really, but you can say you caught a cold from the wet clothes" he replied. "That is what I was planning on doing, anyways"

"Although, I am a little hungry" I admitted.

"Then I will have food sent up here" he shrugged. "Do you want the washroom or in here?"

"To eat in?" I frowned.

"No, Stupid, to change in?"

"Oh...you can have the washroom"

"Thank you" he headed for the bathroom door. "Let me know when you are decent"

"Okay"

He shut the door behind him, leaving me alone to change. I guess the gown was now an option that I could choose.

I got it down off the hanger and tossed it on top of the bed. Reaching behind me, I undid the ribbon on my dress, then lifted the skirts up over my head. This proved to be rather difficult, as the fabric wanted to stay stuck against me. After much peeling and tugging, I eventually managed to get off all of the garments.

Anxious to get warm, I took my nightgown from the top of the comforter and slipped it on. The sleeves reached about an inch below my elbow, and although it wasn't long sleeved, it was far more warm than a sodden dress.

"I am done changing!" I called toward the washroom door, to which there was no reply in return.

I went over to the book shelf, and pulled off the one I had begun my second day here, eager to find out what would happen next. I walked back over to the bed and crawled on, angling the pillows behind me so that the headboard wouldn't cut into me. Once situated, I flipped to the next chapter and began to read.

__________

Loki was probably in the bathroom for 20 more minutes, give or take. By the time the door had opened, I had heard the sink run 3 times, the shower turn on and off, and some things getting moved around.