Thirty-Seven (THE END)

Karina

The smell of hot chocolate filled the apartment. I finished zipping up my Grinch onesie pajamas and headed to the kitchen. I smiled when I saw my girlfriend wearing her Grinch onesie. We decided that we would wear matching Grinch onesies because it was Kai's favorite movie. Giovanni and Lux were wearing matching elf pajamas.

"Merry Christmas!", I said before kissing Kai's cheek and hugging Lux.

Lux handed me a mug filled with hot chocolate, marshmallows, and whipped cream with a peppermint straw. I took a sip and nearly moaned.

"I missed your hot chocolate.", I told her. She smiled before looking at her watch.

"Where's Dominic?"

As if he could feel her impatience, my brother walked through the door, carrying a bunch of wrapped Christmas gifts.

"You're late.", Lux pouted.

He sat the presents down by our tiny Christmas tree before walking over and kissing Lux's cheek until she smiled.

"I'm sorry. Traffic was terrible."

She handed him a mug of hot chocolate.

"Careful, it's still hot."

Kai stood up and grabbed my hands.

"Okay, I can't wait anymore. I wanna give you your presents."

I honestly wouldn't mind if I was getting some head for Christmas.

"Present time!", Lux said excitedly.

We all walked to the corner with all of our gifts for each other.

Kai handed me a small box.

I opened it and saw that it was a charm bracelet with a small metallic rose attached to it. On the inside of the bracelet was an inscription that said, "No matter how many people are against us, I got you. -KMP".

"Kai, it's beautiful. I love it."
"I also got you one more thing. Close your eyes."

I closed my eyes. I heard Kai walk away and a few minutes later, I heard a gasp as I heard footsteps.

"Open your eyes."

I gasped loudly as I saw the adorable chocolate lab puppy in her arms.

"You got me a puppy!", I said excitedly as I jumped up and down.
"He's adorable.", Lux said.
"You said you always wanted a chocolate lab and you would name him-."
"Charlie.", I finished.

I walked to her and pet my new puppy. He leaned into my touch and licked my wrist.

"Hey, Charlie.", I greeted him as I picked up the small dog.

"Let's give your other mommy her presents.", I told him as I slid a large box to Kai.

She unwrapped it to see that it was a pottery wheel and various clays. She has been saying that she wanted to get back into pottery, so I got her one.

"Babe, thank you. I can't wait to make you something."

I kissed her cheek and handed her a large beige envelope.

"What is this?"
"Open it later. Okay?"

She nodded and stuffed it in her pocket. She handed Giovanni and Lux their gifts. She made portraits of the both of them together.

"Kai, these are amazing. Babe, these are gonna look so good in our apartment.", Lux said before she froze and looked at me.

"Apartment?"
"We meant to talk to you about that. We're moving in together next year when I transfer to Columbia.", my brother said.