Thirty Four

Karina

I popped another chip in my mouth as the woman on the tv screen explained the injuries that the victim endured on this episode of Forensic Files.

"He chopped her up?! That's disgusting.", Lux said in disgust.

Kai and I were too invested in the show to respond.

Turns out this woman's husband killed and dismembered her because she found out about his affair and he might've gotten away with it if she didn't scratch him during the murder.

"How can you two watch that?"

Kai and I looked at each other and shrugged.

"Ooh, forensic files!", Gio said excitedly as he sat down. He placed his books down on the coffee table.

I heard Lux sigh before she got up and went to the kitchen.

"Hey, we're almost out of everything! Who's turn is it to go grocery shopping?!", Lux yelled from the kitchen.

Kai and Gio pointed at me as I raised my hand, none of us took our eyes off the tv.

The three of us gasped dramatically as the tv suddenly turned off. We all turned and looked at Lux.

"What are you doing? We were watching that."
"Groceries. Go. Now.", Lux told me as she pulled me up from the couch.

I rolled my eyes at her. She patted my head playfully.

I groaned and grabbed my jacket. Kai stood up and grabbed hers.

"I'll go with you.", she told me.

We put on our mittens and hats before heading out the apartment. We quickly made a grocery list before we made our way to my car and hopped in.

Kai placed her hand on my knee as I drove to the grocery store around the corner.

"Have you ever had sex in this car?"

I looked at her and saw her looking in my backseat.

"You are the only person other than my brother, dad and Lux that has been in this car."

I saw her smile sweetly.

"Why'd you ask me that?"

She looked at me as she moved her hand higher on my thigh.

"I don't know. It's kinda roomy in here. It'll be easy to have sex in here."

I smirked at her before placing my hand on hers.

I took the opportunity while the light was red to pull her into a deep kiss. We pulled away just in time for the light to turn green.

We pulled up to the grocery store and went inside. We were met with stares from the cashiers who didn't have customers in front of them. I knew exactly what they were staring at.

Even though we had on heavy jackets, the hickeys and bite marks on our necks were still visible from yesterday.

I smiled proudly and waved.

"Uhh..I'll get a buggy.", Kai said before walking off.

What in the fuck is a buggy?

She came back with a shopping cart. She pushed it to the first aisle.

We began knocking things off our list and soon we were almost finished.

"Babe, can you grab the sriracha? I can't reach it.", I told her as I pointed to it on the top shelf.

She was about to grab it when someone called her name. We both turned around to see that it was Kai's ex girlfriend, Sam.

"Hi, Kai. We haven't talked in a while. You look good.", she said as she walked up to my girlfriend.