Thirteen

Gio

I ran my hand through my messy curls. I examined my suit in the mirror. I turned to see Lux standing in my doorway.

"Lux, I'm sorry for telling Karina. I just wanted to help you and I know you can't lie to her."

She nodded and stepped in the room.

"I know. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for getting upset with you. I know you were just looking out for me."

I walked closer to her and looked down at her face.

"I care about you, Lux. I don't know what I'd do if you...". The words failed to come out of my mouth. I ripped my gaze away from her and attempted to swallow the lump in my throat.

"Dominic.", she said as she placed her hand on my chest, making me look at her.

Our eyes met and we stood in a comfortable silence in what felt like hours, but were only minutes.

"Lux."
"Yes?", she asked, leaning closer to me.

I felt my heartbeat quicken and my palms and forehead begin to sweat.

"The wedding should be starting shortly. We should get down there.", I said before I walked away from her.

Karina

I headed downstairs to see my twin was already standing there.

"Where's Lux?"
"Uh, she...she's upstairs. She'll be down soon."
"Are you alright? You look a little flustered.", I asked, placing my hand on his very warm forehead.
"I'm fine.", he said as he moved my hand away.

He turned his head away as Lux came downstairs. She stood beside me. Her usually curly blond hair was neatly straightened and she was wearing light makeup. She had changed her hoop nose piercing and replaced it with a silver stud.

"You look gorgeous, love.", I complimented her.
"I always do."

I watched as Gio and her shared a look before looking away from each other.

"Something wrong?", I asked them.
"Nope.", Lux said.

I heard the music playing outside.

"There you three are. It's time. Giovanni and Karina, go ahead down the aisle. Lux, do you mind walking with me?", Donatello, one of Bruno's men, asked her.

She blushed and shook her head.

"Of course not."

Donatello smirked at her and linked arms with her. He began whispering in her ear.

I turned to Giovanni to see him staring at Lux.

"You can pine after her later. We have to go."

We linked arms and walked to the backyard entrance. The doors were open and I could see the backyard was beautifully decorated. Gio and I made our way down the aisle, smiling at every guest we passed. We finally reached the alter and separated, taking our places on either side. I stood next to Aunt Juliana and my mom. Gio stood with our dad and Uncle Victor.

Bruno came out with a brunette woman I've never seen before.

"Who's that?"
"That's Bruno's girlfriend, Alison.", Aunt Juliana said quietly.

I shot my head towards her before looking back at Bruno and Alison who have made their way to the alter. He kissed her cheek before going to stand next to my brother. Alison came and stood next to me. She smiled sweetly when we made eye contact.

I looked across at Bruno who was already looking at me. He looked down as I glared at him.

Finally, I saw Lux and Donatello come down the aisle. He whispered something in her ear that made her giggle. He kissed her cheek after they made it to the alter before going to stand with the other men. I smiled as I saw the blush on my friend's face as she came and stood with us.