Twenty

Karina

I smiled at my best friend who had her eyes squeezed shut.

"Lux.", I called her.

She opened her eyes before fiercely shaking her head.

"I know. I'm sorry. This is so fucked up. He's your brother. Your twin. He's so off limits. God, please don't hate me."
"Lux."
"Karina, I swear I won't act on-."
"Lux, I'm not mad at you. I love you and I love Gio. I want you two to finally get together."
"Why aren't you mad? He's your brother."
"And you're my sister. Go talk to him."

She huffed and shook her head.

"Remember when you told me to go talk to him earlier?"

I nodded.

"I went to his dorm to find him and Bex about to rip each other's clothes off in the hallway."
"Oh, Lux.", I said as I grabbed her hand.
"I think I missed my chance.", she wiped a tear that fell.

I pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back.

"You don't know that, Lux."
"I do. He looked so into her. I don't think he ever looked at me that way."
"Now you know that isn't true, Lux. Maybe it wasn't what it looked like. Go talk to him."

She sighed and nodded.

"Okay, I'll go see him.", she said as she got up and left.

Giovanni

I walked into my dorm and placed my textbooks down before sitting down at my desk.

I just spent most of my day in hell, also known as, my management and economics classes.

I pulled out my phone to call my twin when there was a knock at the door.

I got up and opened it to see Lux standing there.

"Lux?"
"Hi."

I motioned for her to come in.

I sat back down while she stood near my bed.

She was being uncharacteristically quiet.

"Lux, are you okay? You're scaring me."
"I miss you.", she said quietly.
"I miss you too."

I walked closer to her.

"I shouldn't have exploded at you. I swear, you didn't do anything wrong. I saw Bex and I guess I got jealous."
"You don't have to be jealous. I told you Bex was just my friend. I can be both of your friends."
"Dominic, that's the thing. I don't want to be your friend. I-."
"What do you mean? I know we haven't really talked in the last few weeks, but I've just been trying to give you space. Lux, I'm sorry."
"No, Dominic, I didn't mean it like that. I just...", she trailed off and looked down. She looked like she was struggling to find the words.

"Lux."

She looked at me and took a deep breath before walking closer to me.

"What is it, L-.", was all I managed to say before she kissed me.

This time I didn't hesitate to kiss her back. I pulled her closer to me and wrapped my arms around her. She wrapped one arm around my neck and caressed my cheek with her other hand.

We eventually had to pull apart to catch our breath. I led her to my bed and we sat down together. She rested her head on my chest.

"I like you, Lux. I was too afraid to admit that before. It drives me crazy to see you with Donatello."
"I ended whatever I had with him. I didn't feel the same way he did. I think I only tried to be with him because I couldn't be with you."

I smirked at her.

"I only started messing around with Bex because I thought I missed my chance with you. She reminded me of you, so I thought this could be my do-over."

She looked up at me.

"You didn't. I want to be with you, Dominic."

I smiled before kissing her again.