Six

Karina

"Hi."

"Griffin...What are you doing here?"

He sighed and brushed past me and into the apartment. I shut the door and walked to the kitchen island and sat on a stool. He sat beside me.

"I've been thinking about you a lot, Karina. I think about you every time I go to my morning class because I know you're in the classroom next door. I think about what you might be doing when I get home. I'm so fucking angry with you, but I can't stop thinking about how much I've fallen in love with you."

"I'm so sorry I've put you through all of this. You deserve so much better. I just want you to know that I understand if you never want to see me again."

Griffin nodded and sighed. I started to get off the stool, but Griffin grabbed me.

"Wh-."

He hungrily kissed me. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around him.

Eventually, we pulled away to catch our breathe.

"I don't know what this means, Griffin."

He traced circles in my cheek with his thumb and kissed my forehead.

"Me neither. I want to forgive you, but I can't wrap my mind around how you could do this to me. I was so good to you. I...What did I do wrong?"

"Griffin, you never did anything wrong. You're perfect. I was so stupid for hurting you like that. I'm sorry. I had feelings for Bruno, but then I met you and you weren't afraid to tell the world about how you felt. You loved me openly and proudly and that was something Bruno never did, but my feelings for him wouldn't go away. Then, I went home for the summer and he found out about us and suddenly, he was finally ready to be with me. Suddenly, he actually saw me. Suddenly, he loved me and I jumped at the chance to be with him. I was so selfish to you, Griffin. What I did was so cruel. I didn't realize that the person I belonged with was the man who was already with me. The man who loved me and cared about me no matter what. Griff, I'm so sorry.", I finished and grabbed his hand.

He nodded, taking in everything I just spewed out.

Suddenly, I heard him chuckle. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"What's funny?"

He chuckled again and pulled his hand away.

"Ever since you told me I've been blaming myself. Trying to convince myself that I wasn't as good to you as I thought. That maybe I deserved this, but this only happened because you can't see what a great guy I am. It's not that hard to tell the truth, Karina, so just admit that you cheated because that's just who you are. A cold-blooded liar. A cheater. A whore. Someone who isn't worth my fucking time."

He slid off the stool and walked out of the apartment.

A cold-blooded liar. A cheater. A whore.

Is he right? God, what if he's right?

"He's wrong. You are not a liar or a whore.", I heard Kai say.

I turned around to see Kai and Lux standing there.

"But I am a cheater.", I let out a dry chuckle.

I sat on the couch and they sat on both sides of me.

"Karina, you did cheat on him and you strung him along through that bullshit with Bruno. He has a right to be upset. Hell, I'm surprised he showed up here.", Lux said.

It may not be what I want to hear my best friend to say, but it's what I needed. It was the truth.

"I really just lost him, didn't I?

They both nodded.

"You did, but it's going to be alright. We're here for you, Karina."

Lux nodded in agreement.

"Thank you."

I hugged them both and walked back to my room to find my brother still sleeping and Pretty Little Liars still playing.

I shook him awake and turned off the TV.

"Rina."

"Griffin came to talk to me."

He sat up quickly.

"What did he say?"

"He called me a liar, cheater and a whore. He said I'm not worth his time."

"He said what to you?!", he said as he stood up.

"Gio, sit down.", I said as I patted the bed.

He sighed and sat next to me.

"I was horrible to him. His words are justified. I just need to get my mind off it."

He nodded.

"Well, packing should get your mind off it."

I cocked my eyebrow up.

"What am I packing for?"

"You should really call our parents and uncles more often. We're going back home this weekend."

"Why?"

"Uncle Giovanni is getting married."