Part 51

The following day I felt composed enough to continue with the selection, deciding I don't want to call it off. I think the argument I had with Liam really made me stress about everything.

First thing on my to-do list for the day was to apologise to my brother. I said a lot of things I regret yesterday when I was upset, so I had to make it up to him.

I wonder if he was still upset. I didn't speak to him at all after I had yelled at him. And he sent Liam up to see me instead of himself, which was weird.

I knocked on his door bright and early, "Thomas? You in there?"

I heard some shuffling and waited for someone to answer me.

Isabelle was the one who opened the door, scruffy liked she literally just rolled out of the bed. She even yawned and tightened the belt on her robe.

"You better have a good reason for interrupting cuddle time. What's up Char?" Izzy asks, holding the open door with one hand.

"I need to apologise to my brother, I'm guessing he's here?" I say, trying to look past her into their room.

She nods, "He is."

I attempted to push the door open to come in but Isabelle stops me by holding it firmly. Her eyes went wide.

"Perhaps give him a minute to put some clothes on." Isabelle advised, a blush coating her cheeks.

Typical. I rolled my eyes, "Right. Of course. Send him out to talk once he's dressed."

Isabelle gave an affirming nod and I moved into the corridor to wait, sitting on a bench just outside their room.

After a few minutes Thomas emerged from his room, spotting me and coming over. He's thankfully fully dressed now.

My brother takes a seat beside me cautiously, as if he's nervous about what I'm going to say. He probably thought I'd flip out on him again.

"Morning Char." He says.

"Good Morning. Have a good cuddle with Izzy did you?" I ask teasingly, hoping to release some of the tension between us.

Thomas smiles to himself, "I did. Not that it's any of your business."

"Anyway, that's not what I wanted to talk about. I wanted to say sorry. For yesterday."

"It's okay Char. I get it, you're stressed and confused and your feelings are all over the place. I've had my own selection before."

I shake my head, thinking of what happened yesterday, "I still shouldn't have lashed out. I was mean. You're a great brother to me and I'm glad to have you supporting me."

Thomas drapes an arm across my shoulders and gives me a side hug, "You're a great sister too, Char."

"I just...your selection seemed so easy. You knew you were in love with Izzy and that was that."

"And it'll be different for you and that's ok."

I nod.

"You feeling better though? I hope you still don't want to stop your selection."

I smile, "No, it's ok, I'm going to keep going with it."

"Good to hear."

"I just get more nervous now I've got to make big decisions. I don't want to hurt anyone."

Thomas sighs, "I'm sorry to say, but at this point it's inevitable."

I hang my head, "Right."

"Just because you don't end up with someone, doesn't mean you can't be friends with them in the future if you think they're nice people."