Part 30

After all the rumours that went around the staff yesterday, I tried to find that butler. Fortunately for him though he was extremely hard to track down. I wanted to give him a piece of my mind, but it appears no one seemed to know where he was.

I ended up just having to send Thea around to stop the rumours and tell everyone the truth. Generally people trusted her, as she was my maid, so hopefully it would settle down.

Once we had breakfast I gathered all the selected boys together for an announcement. I glanced over all the guys in the room to check everyone was here. Jack, Jeremy, Tate and Mason sat on one couch while Will, Hunter, Lance and Edward sat on another.

Oliver, Logan, James and Raydon, who seemed to all be good friends now, were standing and chatting in the back as they waited for me to speak.

My mother, Isabelle and Thomas were also in the room, standing off to one side to let me make my announcement. I cleared my throat to make sure everyone was listening.

"Alright. Gentlemen listen up please."

The noise in the room quietens and I briefly glance around before I start explaining what's going on.

"Your next task as part of the selection is very important. As you all seemed to plan successful parties for Jeremy and Tate last week, we are in need for more chances to test your skills. Some of the most important events in royal life are charity ones, so that is what your next task with be based around. We regularly attempt to fundraise and bring awareness to important organizations as patrons."

I take a breath in between speaking and am glad to see the selected boys are actually listening, so I continue.

"As part of your task though, we want each of you to choose a charity you would like to support and give us a speech about why it is important to you and why it should be supported. This will be aired to the public live to earn funds from the audience. You are trying to raise money, but also impress us, as doing these kinds of tasks is vital for having a future in this royal life. Your speeches are important to convince people to donate to your charity, but we want you to chose something you are passionate about."

I watch the boys all nod along, so I keep explaining,

"A select few of theses charities will be chosen over the week so we can visit them in person, by either seeing how it is run on site or meeting people involved within the charity. Unfortunately we won't be able to visit them all as there is quite a few of you. Whoever does the best job out of you, in their speech and raising funds, will be able to attend the next royal event alongside me. This will be a ball that will be hosted here in London that many royal families across the globe will attend. It is very exclusive, so it will require whoever is chosen to prove to me they are suited for this lifestyle. More details on this event will come soon, but whoever ends up coming will certainly be in the spotlight.

Hunter raised his hand, "Can we pick any charity at all?"

"Yes, preferably one based here in London. There is resources you will be given to look through some options that the palace supports, or you can certainly choose your own if you have something in mind."

Logan had a question and I nodded for him to speak, "When are we giving the speeches?"

"You have three days to prepare before we have the live filming, where audiences will donate to their favourite speaker. All money collected will be given to their chosen charity, so it's all for a good cause. But it's not only about raising funds, we are trying to boost awareness around issues and this gives you boys a chance to show your skills. We will be listening to how well your speeches have been written and your presenting ability on live tv."