Part 37

"Alright, hurry up."

"Seriously L? Can't I have my own horse?"

It was the following day and I currently was on a date with Liam, having decided to go horse riding with him to my favourite picnic spot. I was so excited to invite him with me this morning, and I missed spending one on one time with him. I also wanted to do something relaxing as later today I had the important international royals ball which would stress me out.

"It will take too long to teach you to ride your own horse, and it's not very far the place I want to go."

I knew my horse, Opal, was certainly strong and big enough to carry Liam and I. It was only a very short distance to where I wanted to go thankfully.

"Right ok then. Whatever you say."

William used the stirrup I had left free to hoist himself up and onto the horse, sitting closely behind me with the basket hung over one arm. He nearly topples over the other side, quickly wrapping an arm around my waist to secure himself.

I smile, "You alright back there?"

"Perfect. Just trying not to fall off." Liam says with a laugh.

"I hope you don't mind not wearing a helmet. I usually don't when I'm just riding around here." I admit to him and he seems ok with it.

"It's fine."

"Just let me know if you want me to stop, but we will be going pretty slow anyway." I say and flick the reigns, Opal starting into a trot quickly on the path.

Liam gets comfortable, wrapping both his arms tightly around me to secure himself. He rests his head on my shoulder, his nose gently brushing in my hair.

"You seem pretty comfortable around horses. Do you ride much?" Liam asks me.

I smile to myself, thinking of so many good memories growing up, "Of course, we go horse riding all the time, my brother, Isabelle and I."

"Well it's very impressive." Liam says and pushes my hair away, over one shoulder, his lips gently grazing my neck as I try to stay focused on directing my horse.

I flinch from his sudden touch, creating tingles on my skin, "You're being very distracting."

"I am?" He asks with a smirk in his voice, still holding his arms tightly around me.

"It'll be your fault if we both fall off this horse and break some bones." I tell him pointedly and he laughs softly.

"I'll try to be less distracting."

Opal trots along the path, and in a short amount of time we find the picnic area I want to stop at.

I tug the reigns until my horse comes to a stop and give her a pat on the head for being such a good girl.

Liam swung himself up and off the horse first, putting the picnic basket on the grass, before turning and extending a hand out to help me down.

"M'lady."

I smile, moving both legs over to the left of the saddle and taking his hand, "Thank you."

With Liam's help I hop off Opal's back and make sure to hold onto the reigns so she doesn't move away. I tie her up to a tree, looping the material around tightly so she doesn't go anywhere.

When I turn back to Liam I see he's setting up a blanket on the grass and he smiles at me as he picks up the basket to bring over.

"Come sit." Liam says, extending his arms out to take my hands. I smile and grab his hands, sitting facing him on the picnic mat.