Part 49

The following morning I was chatting with Isabelle in the day room about all of the drama that went down yesterday. We were sitting together on the couch relaxing and she was having her daily coffee.

My mind kept going to the final 4 boys in my selection, and the choice I had to make out of them. I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Hunter, Raydon, Lance and Tate.

Who was I supposed to pick from them?

Isabelle however diverts the conversation to her baby shower.

She takes a long sip of her coffee, "Yesterday was interesting."

"I can't believe Harriet was all over Thomas like that." I say, annoyed that I was right about her yesterday.

Isabelle scoffs.

I laugh to myself as I think of the way Isabelle kicked her out yesterday. Oh the satisfaction.

There's a notification ping that rings out. Isabelle gets a message on her phone and pulls it out, sighing as she reads it.

"Ah, Tom says he's looking for his iMove. Have you seen it?" She asks me and I shake my head.

"No I don't think so. Where'd he loose it?"

"Well he had it in your room yesterday so he thought it might be there. He also asked if you could help him look."

"Right ok." I say, standing up from my chair, "You want to come?"

Isabelle hesitates, "I don't know if my pregnant self can make it to the other side of the palace again without collapsing."

"Understandable. I'll text you if we find it."

She nods and I turn to exit.

I wondered what the selected boys were up to. Maybe I would go see what they were going after I helped my brother.

Why was Thomas always losing his stuff? It was silly. Surely for someone so organised it wouldn't be so difficult to keep track of things.

I walk out of the room and head for the elevator.

It's quite and empty around the palace halls, or at least I thought so until I heard a voice.

"Lottie?"

I freeze.

He came back. He actually came back.

I turn around to face the voice and as I see him I realise in that moment that I missed him so much more than I realised.

When finally I get my legs to move again, I'm running towards him, while he's hauling a suitcase into the building. My feet pad across the carpet loudly.

He smiles at me as I advance towards him, his face clearly showing he missed me as much as I missed him.

"Liam!" I say and fall into his arms, the familiar warmth a comfort. He is quick to embrace me, pulling me close and lifting me up as he swings me around happily.

Liam holds me tightly against him, his tone clearly relieved, "Lottie."

"I missed you." I say, so grateful that he came back. I wasn't expecting his return today, but it was such a nice surprise.

His voice is soft as he whispers into my hair, "I missed you so much more."

"I'm glad you came back. But...I thought you weren't allowed back?" I say and then my eyes widen, "Liam, you're not sneaking in are you?"

At my quiet questioning he laughs, "No I'm not. I was allowed back, thankfully."

I sigh, relieved he wasn't doing anything behind anyone's back.