Epilogue

2 years later

It was autumn and nature this time of year looked stunning. Fallen leaves decorate the area, colours of orange and brown littered around us. Massive trees surround the clearing we're sitting in and drape over so it only gets light filtering in through the gaps.

"Lottie, are you listening to me?"

I look down at Liam who's lying across the plaid blanket, his head resting in my lap. His head is tilted back so he can talk to me, meeting my eye and grinning when I look at him.

"What did you want again?" I ask, having tuned out.

He gives me a pleading look, "I wanted you to keep playing with my hair."

I smirk, "Really?"

He grins goofily, "Yes please."

"Only because I love you."

I put my hands into Liam's blonde hair and watch at he closes his eyes. His hair had grown out a bit, and he absolutely loved when I would run my hands through it recently.

"Aw Tom look at them." Izzy comments.

I look up at Isabelle and see her watching, making my cheeks go a little warm, "Shut up Iz."

Thomas bites back though, "Watch your tone around my wife Char."

"Watch your tone around mine." Liam snaps, his eyes still shut at he clearly wants me to continue massaging his hair.

Isabelle gives me a look, one I've been getting a lot over the past two years, one that says Liam is so clearly in love with you.

Isabelle's sitting across from us, on the other side of the massive rug we set out at the park, with Thomas cuddling into her side. I'm glad they could make it out today because we hardly get time to hang out now that they have kids.

Kids. Wow. It's so different to think about.

Isabelle's most recently had a beautiful baby girl, Avery, who's now one. They also have Nicolas, who's two and a half. They are pretty close in age, and because they're so young, the parents barely have time to get away.

They were left with mine and Isabelle's parents, who are staying at the palace with her sisters for a visit at the moment. I'm sure amongst them Nick and Avery will be looked after alright, not to mention the hundred other staff.

"When's that other kid getting here?"

I knew my brother was joking, because he'd actually come to really like Hunter the more time we spend with him. He'd been travelling recently, so I was glad he was coming back to spend some time with us.

"No clue, but Evans promised me he'd be here on time." I say.

Liam laughs, "He'll start coming on time when pigs can fly."

"He'd better hurry up, I don't want to spend too much time away from the kids." Isabelle says, clearly anxious to be away from them for too long. She was such a caring mother, who tried to worry about everyone all the time which is impossibly stressful.