Part 27

"So most of them seemed really nice actually, I was surprised." Isabelle continues, telling me about her meetings with each of the boys yesterday.

She's sitting across from me in the day room, since it's raining outside so we are stuck indoors. Isabelle is keen to tell me everything, and I am listening, my head is just a little all over the place at the moment.

"So who did you like best?" I ask and Isabelle looks to where I'm tapping my nails on the table.

She starts rambling, "Well Lance and Tate were lovely and polite. William was very gentlemanly."

Liam. I liked Liam.

Isabelle continued to blabber, "Oliver was nice, although we kind of ran out of time when we got to him."

Ollie.
He said I could call him Ollie. I liked him too.

"Hunter however took so long because Tom kept questioning him. I don't know if he's too keen on his jokes."

Hunter did make a lot of jokes. I liked his jokes.

"But Mason, Tom certainly didn't like him. I think he was alright though. A bit cocky, but alright."

Alright, yeah. Mason was alright.

"God damn it Char are you even listening to me?"

Was I even listening?

"Charlotte?"

Oh, that sounds like my name.

A loud slam onto the table makes me jump out of my skin, falling off my chair from the fright and Isabelle's deathly glare. I seemed to have made her very unhappy.

"Sorry Iz. I promise I was listening." I say as I stand, pulling my chair upright again and sitting down. I look directly at her to see the concern in her eyes.

"You're so distracted today. What's gotten into you?" Isabelle asks, but my eyes travel behind her to the door where Raydon, Jack and Will are coming into the day room.

Isabelle notices my eyes trailing off and she turns, sighing, "It's all these goddamn boys, isn't it?"

"Good morning ladies." Raydon says as he passes us, briefly leaning closer to me to whisper, "Looking stunning as always Cherry."

I smile back at him, "Morning Ray."

Jack and Will both also smile at me as they walk past our table. Jack quickly follows Raydon to where he's heading to one of the couches across the room.

Liam pauses though at our table, but not facing me, but the girl opposite. William looks to Isabelle, "How are we this morning? Have you been out horse riding Izzy?"

I look at him, surprised that he and Isabelle chatted so casually, and a little annoyed that he wasn't talking to me. Then I look to Izzy who seems glad he's started a conversation with her.

"I haven't yet actually, Tom promised he would come with me later though, if the weather picks up. Did you find a solution to your, uh, problem, Will?"

Problem? What problem? Clearly some discussion must have gone on yesterday that had some significance, and I wanted to know what it was about.

"Excuse me? What's going on here." I ask, looking between the two who are chatting like they are best mates.

"I did actually. Anyways, I've got to go." William says, smiling politely to Isabelle before grinning at me, "Let's talk later Lottie."

And with that he walks away, to the far end of the room where Jack and Raydon are now watching TV while they sit on the couch.