Part 44

"Princess Charlotte, I am aware you would like to make an announcement."

I had been avoiding all the selected boys since yesterdays fiasco. Mason hadn't said anything about the incident, and wasn't sure what to think about that. This morning I had noticed the bruises on my wrists and felt disgusted as I covered them up with long sleeves.

I think Mason assumed he got away with it. I was gladly about to call him out on it.

"Yes, thank you Julia." I say as I stand and take my place at the podium in the centre of the stage, "I would like one of our selected to please stand. Mason Halter."

I pause and turn to where the selected are seated, waiting as Mason rises from his chair. He seems calm, having no idea what's coming. The rest of the guys seem confused, looking to each other for an answer.

Mason doesn't look at me, rather liking to smile arrogantly at the camera as if he's about to receive a reward. I'm pretty sure he has no idea how karma works.

"As you should know, here at the palace we attempt to provide a safe, secure environment for everyone. But it has come directly to my attention some of the selected haven't followed this. This includes some of the previous contestants who have already left, and Mason here."

My words hang heavy as I speak into the microphone, but I do not stutter. If I'm going to do this I'm going to make a statement. And what lovely timing with the report on today.

"What is this?" Mason growled in outrage, clearly having figured out this wasn't a good thing.

But I was done with all his shit. And what better place to call him out then on international TV. People like him, who are given so many chances and so much while staying at the palace, don't deserve to simply get away with it.

"Mason has shown he doesn't respect boundaries, is willing to threaten others and make light of a situation where myself felt extremely uncomfortable."

"I did nothing!" Mason yelled across the room but I just continued. His voice boomed loud and made me flinch, simply feeling the rage coming off of him. He wasn't helping his case, just showing his true colours to everyone.

"I want to make everyone aware that at this point in time, I consider Mason a threat to safety, and I encourage people to be careful as he seems to strike on the vulnerable."

"She's lying!" Mason roars, charging towards me. I'm pretty sure he can see the fear in my eyes as he starts moving forward.

I panic and guards rush to try and stop him, but they don't make it in time before Mason's reached me and shoved me, his hard push knocking me off my feet.

The impact sent me flying backwards violently, flinging my arms out to try and stop the fall.

People screamed as I fell, mostly out of shock, but luckily I just landed with a bump on the ground, hopefully with only a few bruises. But damn it hurt quite a bit.

"Charlotte!" Several voices yelled.

As I was lying on the ground and people began to surround me, hot, angry tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

So many voices tried to speak over one another, but the only one I heard was Masons. It was getting further and further away as he was probably being dragged from the room but I couldn't see past the crowds.

"She fucking asked for it!"
"You can't throw me out!"
"Get your hands off me!"

"Cut the cameras. Clear some space please." I hear my mother say and there is more shuffling around me.