Part 43

The winter festival ball had finished and most of the guests had left, but a few closer relatives stuck around. I was socialising with Prince Archie and Prince Edward for a while, grilling Ed on the girl he's been seeing.

He didn't give much away about Imogen, or Immy as he now called her. All he did was shrug and blush.

"When do we get to meet her? Is she going to be a princess?" I ask enthusiastically.

"I don't know. I want to do what she wants, and right now she's happy where she is." My cousin explains.

"The bakers daughter marrying a prince, isn't that cute?" I say, nudging Edward teasingly.

"We're not getting married. Yet." Prince Edward says, his face flushed.

I smile at him, "I'd love to meet her at some point, since she's got you so smitten she must be special."

"I don't know if she's ready to be bombarded by you yet Char." Edward admits and I scoff at him.

"Lola and I think she's lovely." Archie says with a confirming nod as he takes a sip of his drink.

"Well I'm waiting to meet her Ed." I say pointedly and he sighs.

"It's not really up to you. Immy can do what she wants, when she wants."

My eyebrows raise slightly, "Wow you really would do anything for her wouldn't you?"

The younger prince flushes and Archie whispers a 'yup'.

I laugh softly and look to Archie, "Hey, where's Lola tonight?"

"She's actually visiting her parents at the moment. Spending a few weeks with them." He explains.

"Aw I bet you miss her."

Archie grins his lovesick grin and turns away.

"I can't believe you boys have become so smitten. It's adorable." I say as I clap my hands together and they both smile like idiots.

Prince Edward then turns his questioning gaze to me.

"And what about you Char? You're obsessed with these selected boys."

Archie backs him up, "Yeah. When are you going to finally admit you've fallen in love?"

"I'm not in love with anyone." I reply firmly, because I'm not yet.

"Yeah ok." Archie says with a smirk that tells me he doesn't believe it.

~~~~~

I walk into the billiard room later on to see William by the door, his eyes going wide when he sees me.

"Lottie, hey, how about we head out of here for a moment?" He says, clearly trying to get me out of the room quickly, but I'm unsure why.

"Why?-" I try to ask him what's going on but I'm interrupted by Mason yelling, who's clearly angry at someone in the billiard room.

"I'm not taking shit from you, pretty boy." Mason shouts from further in the room where I can't see and now I'm concerned.

"Hey, what's going on?" I ask William, trying to push past him as I see Mason and Hunter in an argument as they stand at opposite ends of the pool table. Liam stops me though, clearly not wanting me to get involved.

"Don't worry about it, they're just not getting along today." William says quickly, still trying to usher me out of the room. I can clearly hear the boys yelling at each other though, and it sees pretty intense.

"You touch her and you're fucking dead Halter."

Mason's laugh is evil sounding, "You think I should be scared of you? What are you gonna do about it?"