Herod Westwood: CXXXV

Start from the beginning

'We're gonna kill this man..' Vulity growled. He agreed, seeing the fox jump over the Lord's face.

"Of course not. Don't worry man, I was simply admiring the.. Incredulous ballroom you have." He looked down, Riu's face was pale. *"Act naturally, he can't do anything with this many people around."*

*"Agreed."* She replied.

"Man.. hm, pardon me, where are my manners? I am Victoro Cassalanter. Pleased to meet your acquaintance." Herod avoided rolling his eyes, he had no plans to continue pleasantries all night long.

"Of course, Herod Westwood." he introduced himself for the second time that night, to the second enemy that night- Vulity if he didn't smash one person's face in after this.. He bit his tongue. These sons of bitches killed Asher. He wouldn't forget that. Victoro led him and Riu away from the dance floor itself and closer to the outer limits where individuals were socializing. He felt compelled to follow.

"Oh, This is just lovely, Victoro!" One woman clasped the lord on the shoulder as she passed by. Herod swore he saw a flinch of annoyance in the half-elf when she did that. Interesting..

'Let's gut him! Right?' Vulity quizzed.

"Hmm yes, I've heard that name before.. Herod Cervos Westwood, correct?" Victoro asked so casually as he sipped a glass, a queen's gambit. His shoulder shivered, what? He.. what? Herod did not dare touch the food, if they had poisoned the food itself it stood to reason they had a cure. "You have been stirring up quite the ruckus in the city as of late.." The lord mixed his glass with a toothpick. "The Keepers of Chaos," Victoro said the title enthusiastically.

"Heh, you honor us." Riu snapped quickly. No.. He didn't. Herod saw the slight in Victoro's eyes, that grind of teeth could be heard. They had messed up and endangered all of his plans. Herod grew a slight smirk.

"A Title like that bears a story. Why don't you entertain me with such a tale?" The Lord glanced over his shoulder plucking a pair of glasses from a waiter behind him. "Oh, goodness me, I nearly forgot." He offered them. "Drink, either of you?" Herod glanced to his friend, Riu's eyes were wide with panic. She probably thought it was impolite to refuse a Lord.

"No thank you." Herod snatched both glasses out of the half-elfs hands. He smirked and placed them in the tray of a nearby waiter. "Apologies but my faith would never forgive it." He fibbed.

"And yet you own a tavern.." Victoro pointed out.

"One must make his money.. However, he treats not himself but his customers." Herod corrected.

"To offer services and goods which you cannot partake.. Fascinating."

"How is Osvaldo?" Riu blurted. Finally, she had gotten over those nerves of pleasantries. This was the Riu, Herod enjoyed the company of. The adventuring fighting kind. Victoro's face twisted in a bit of humor as if he'd been waiting for the question.

"Osvaldo is studying in Neverwinter's finest establishment. I.. well, Of course, I invited my son back for Founders Day but he.." The bullshit Lord made a sour expression. "Declined.." Herod got the sensation that this man's relationship with his son was poor at best.

*GONG*

He heard the chime of the clock above. The bell struck loudly throughout the hall, the sudden hour of nine. Shit. They'd been there an hour. Victoro paused in place before lowering his cane, staring up at the clock. He sensed concern.

Riu stepped forward, he studied her face. She had an unreadable expression biting her lower lip. "That's a shame I would've like very much to see my old-"