Andraste Liadon: LXIII

The Zhentarim Attack: LXIII

"The lady is safe! Back up!" One of the guards screamed as the group of them seemed to back up the stairs slowly in a protective formation. The Zhentarim men had already tossed their weapons to the ground and been run through the back. Andraste watched Markos rush forward and begin to collect up their weapons along with.. 'Their armor wow that was weird.' she thought.

"SO, I assume you're the guards of this villa. Could you guys actually restrain those remaining thugs?" Asher was the first to say something since the cultists display of power, she was right next to him yet still felt just as far as the guards, his metal and porcelain mask hid every movement of his lips every twitch of his eyes any semblance of emotion. A guard on the steps looked at her indignity.

"Gladly." the man responded. Andraste frowned looking around the room she spotted perhaps.. One maybe two remaining unkilled thugs but guards from the second floor rushed down with rope regardless of this.

"Damien, you're injured." Andraste heard the woman in the back speak for the first time as she was clinging on to one other guards? He didn't look like a guard; he had short black shaggy hair and dark eyes. Surveying the area she realized all the guards were hurt pretty badly, probably from a whole day of fighting.

"Please allow me." Andraste rushed forward and held out her hands speaking a melodic incantation. "oSe the VrTeCEN glows Ee hehal Le." She sang a rush of energy shot through her body and Andraste got to feel the power fill her up and then emanate hitting the guards. The room filled with a healing energy before it faded. The guard's wounds began to close and her friends scratches shut, giving a nice sigh of relief. She smiled. That was nice.. She looked over at Markos who had picked up three maces.

"Heh heh! Only one to go!" Markos excitedly declared, was he more crazy after the combat? Andraste began wondering if her feminine compatriot was a threat. Also what happened when he got four maces?? She looked around for some semblance of confirmation Alekzandr shot her a look of confusion, but other than that everyone acted like it was completely normal.

"If I may ask." Asher started up again. From what little she knew about him Andraste could peg Asher as the leader type he always took charge with, led them in combat, formed strategies and charged headstrong into danger. She had been told by Riu that he was extremely smart, but she got the sneaking feeling he wasn't very wise like he might just get himself killed. "What exactly happened here?" Asher spoke like a sophisticated man trying his best to be dumb and relatable she found it odd. He was weird wearing the wolf and human mask, Riu claimed she had never seen him without it. She wondered what that meant.

"These bastards decided to barge into our home and attack us! We've been fending them off for." the guard paused as a look of panic filled his eyes. He stuttered for a second and shot a quick glance to his fellow guards.

"The time frame does not matter!" The lady of the house stood clapping her hands. It was at that moment Andraste got a good look at her, she was tall probably around five foot eleven or more with a tight waist and neatly bound brown hair. She had one of those faces you didn't trust and those expressions you learned to dislike. Andraste felt uneasy just being near her.

"Zhentarim." Herod cursed. The young man stepped over to a body poking it with his sword. "The hell they want with you guys?" The guards frowned like they were dealing with someone new to town but only shrugged the warlock, put a hand against his inquisitive chin and Andraste peered over the bodis, nothing could really be discerned.

"No idea why these assholes would attack us." one guard responded

"I am glad we got here when we did comrade. But that does not solve the problem we deal with now." Alekzandr chimed in shouldering his rifle Andraste got a good look at the man he was taking a swig of some.. Flask? Was he that regular of a drinker? And at this time? She shook her head upsetly. The guards sheathed their blades and stood up straight. Andraste looked around her comrades following suit.

The Keepers of Chaos: A Vault of HellOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara