Vestus Konstotte: LXXXII

Make Them Pay: LXXXII

"You need Smithing tools?" Vestus stared at the letter in his hands, such a small piece of parchment in his enormous palms. 'Estral.. What did you do?' The dread and realization was hitting him all at once now. His son... His boy.. Was missing! And he was powerless to stop it all from occurring.

'Vestus, it's been a while old man. I'm in Waterdeep right now.. Running a Tavern TrollSkull manor. I thought you...' The letter was so delightfully simple, short and to the point. Alekzandr.. Adleth.. Markos. Each of them were listed in the letter, friends Estral called them. They looked more like a defunct rambling family. Vestus should know, he's run several of those.

"I do." Alekzandr responded. The man looked to be around five foot ten or so, with a relatively weak build but the eyes you'd expect from a keen mind. "And what do you plan to do?"

"Join a smithing guild here. And then find a job for myself. Are there any local blacksmiths around here? Places I can visit for work?" Vestus tried to squint his eyes. The light of Waterdeep's summertime was utterly blinding.

"Yeah." Vestus turned around for the elven woman with red hair. She was much shorter, probably five foot something, he couldn't tell. She had emerald green eyes and a pretty but hard face. "Golden hands near the dock ward.. Most don't use them cause.. Reasons. But they're fantastic. Also, Steam and steel. Right next door to our place." The elf walked over to a nearby alleyway which was blocked by a series of boxes probably from the stores nearby. "If you want the smithing guild. You can walk that way." She pointed down the street. "All the way around and take a left on golden serpent street. You cant miss their giant fucking anvil that is DEFINITLY a safety risk. Or." The elf pointed behind her at the blocked off alleyway. "Take a short cut." the woman hopped over the boxes and began leaping from one to the next like she was born to it. "Welcome to Waterdeep!" She yelled back.

"You get used to Adleth." Alekzandr chimed in, elbowing him right in the ribs. "She knows everything about this city.. Invaluable." These characters kept getting a little bit more colorful by the second.

"Lets go the long route." Vestus clarified. He passed by numerous shops and stands. As parties were ramping up all around them. There were food stands which looked half created, or shops opening the doors completely with customers pouring in and out. Vestus was choked by the diversity in races he saw. "Danyrisus is nothing like this.." He muttered, he had spent so much time with humans and elves he seldom found a place with so many different people. Tieflings, and giants, dragon born here and there. "Is that a tabaxi?" Vestus exclaimed. Alekzandr grabbed his hand pulling Vestus to the left as they got to Golden Serpent street. The two peald around it.

"There is a lot this city has to offer my new friends. Don't let your head get lost up in the clouds."

"How would it even get up there?"

"Ah!" Vestus jumped waving his hands down at the ground. How on Toril did Markos sneak up on him? "Where have you been?!" Vestus yelled.

"Uh.. right here.." Markos explained. He hadn't even noticed the half-elf. "I'm the one who led us out the door?" he said again, confused.

"Markos sneaks up on people." Vestus nearly jumped again clutching to his chest when the green eyed young man began walking to Alekzandrs left. "Oh I just ran after you guys, I haven't been here. Names Herod by the way." Herod reached a hand out to Vestus. He looked at Herod closely, green eyes like a tree, his skin was a lightly tanned white and he had messy light brown hair with a handsome complexion. He was unlike the somewhat pale and malnourished looking feminine cultist that flanked Vestus's right. He took the hand and shook it.