Herod Westwood: CXXIX

Start from the beginning

"I'd like to buy these please.." The shop owner pretended not to hear him at first "Hey old man, cmon, first you want me to buy something and now you give me the silent treatment?" The shop owner finally looked up from his magazine and sighed.

"Cloak of protection huh? That'll cost ya thirty-five hundred." The owner grinned sadistically.

"Thirty-five hundred?! That's highway robbery!" He exclaimed. "Calm down man, I don't even have that much coin." He lied. His pockets were filled now. With that donation of fifty thousand dragons, each of them already had over seven thousand coins but he wasn't gonna tell this guy that.

'Persuade him to give up his evil ways?' Vulity suggested, he saw the fox invisible to others walk across the desk.

'He's not evil, Vulity..' Herod admitted to himself bitterly. 'Just a greedy guy.'

"If ya don't have the coin then get out!" The man chided.

"Alright, sir listen to me, look man I'm telling you a place like this doesn't get much business huh?" Herod leaned back, gesturing out the windows. Noticing the dust littering the walls. He could use this. "I'll have you know I am well known throughout this city.. I mean.. I don't play this card often but I'm a Keeper of Chaos." He wanted to gag while he said it but he kept his spirits high.

'Ah.. murder is off the table but exploiting your deeds?' Vulity giggled. Even Riu behind him was laughing. 'Shut up, silence women.'

"One review from me could.. Potentially give you more business. So whatcha say? Let's lower the price huh?" Herod held up his hands casually. The shop kept opening his mouth but then shut it. He had him.

"You make a good point kid. Alright. Twenty-five hundred.. But no lower!"

"Deal." He tossed a sack of platinum on the table and pulled the clothes off the counter. "You got a room I can..?" The shop kept pointing over his shoulder. "Thanks man." Ge changed quickly wrapping his old clothes in a bag. He suited on the shirt and then the jacket, he polished his boots off and buckled everything up before tossing the cloak over his shoulder. It was long, probably half a length longer than his original one but it also seemed to avoid touching the ground. A useful quality. By the time he'd gotten out of the shop and fully dressed Riu was standing outside her belt and robes in a bag at her side. She was currently wearing a pretty casual blue outfit compared to her normal adventuring gear.

"Well.. it certainly fits you." Riu smiled oddly, looking him up and down. Part of Herod wished he had Markos with him instead, that way they could have jointly convinced the shop to keep selling them everything for a mesly ten gold. Alas, he had another friend.

"Thanks. How do I look? I'll have like.. Andraste or Markos look it over later too." He conceded. Riu seemed to walk about as they reentered the festival, exiting 'Boolishar's Wears & Tears' her mind was off somewhere else, her mouth was slightly open but she wasn't answering any questions. She looked mesmerized by the festival. A pretty girl, awestruck by the start.

"It looks nice, very befitting of a.. Bard pirate warlock." He snapped her a funny look while she laughed, he didn't realize his clothes were that conflicting.

'It looks worthy to get its ass kicked in a drinking competition! C'mon, I'll steal some, they'll never see it coming!' Herod chuckled. Wait.. Could she drink? Nevermind. He had just put in a request at Steam and Steel to make him half-plate armor, so he knew in a few day's time he'd have that. Overall, his protection was going to go through the roof.

"Though.." Riu muttered. "Honestly I feel like it's missing something.. Like your head feels too awkward without something on it." He wondered what she meant.