when ill say

Wednesday 8:45 PM. Your dorm.

"I'm going to the gym. Want me to pick up some of that tea you like on my way back?" She asked on her way out the door.

You put a thumbs up in the swaddled blanket you were in and watching a movie. She nodded and shut the door behind her, you focused your attention on the screen completely.

At this point, you spent almost every day finding ways to distract yourself, not only from Eren's disappearance but the fact that you liked him and would have to come to grips with that.

It wasn't likely you to be so nervous about a boy but you were. You hated that feeling yet all you could do was indulge in it because of how he made you feel. You felt so lonely without him, it was hard because you loved being alone. Being alone meant you couldn't be bothered by other people and you wouldn't have to be social which was exhausting.

Today was just a hard day. More like a hard week but today particularly you were upset with how lonely you felt.

Lonely and being alone were very different.

You knew how to be alone without even feeling lonely, it was a great feeling to be comfortable with being alone. You knew how to entertain yourself and didn't depend on others for it.

Yet, Eren gave you an entirely new feeling when it came to attention. He made your focus worth it, he made you want to give him your attention because it was all about memories for him. He loved creating them, you did too but especially with him.

Today you didn't even bother checking by his dorm, you knew he wouldn't be there. You laid on that couch until you fell asleep and accepted that the only way to escape loneliness was by sleeping.

——

Thursday evening. 6:54 PM. Your dorm.

"You have Mr.Ackerman right? What do you think of him?" Mikasa asked as she was cutting up some fruit.

"He's okay. Never really made much of an impression on me so..."

"Really? I think he's kinda uptight but yeah he doesn't really "do" much either..."

"Now that I think about it. He reminds me of you," you laughed to yourself and typed on the computer but noticed how silent Mikasa went.

You looked at her and she was scolding you.

"I just meant how the two of you are both very into what you do. You like working out and he likes teaching sociology to a bunch of twenty-year-olds," you quickly assured.

She nodded slowly and you focused on your computer again.

"I have a question that you may not want to answer." She announced and put the knife down on the counter.

"Hm?"

"Are you gonna tell Eren how you feel when he comes back before midterms because he will! I mean...you still like him, right?" She questioned.

"I still like him. A lot," you admitted.

EREN POV:

"What?"

"You're still coming to the carnival this Friday, correct?" Jean asked the moment I sat down at the chair in front of him.

He asked to talk at a bakery of his choice that was within walking distance of the hotel I stayed at. I only came because I knew that's what he would ask about.

"Yeah-"

"Good. Also, since you aren't really with y/n like you used to be. I think I'll pursue her again,"