way

"Y/n? I brought you some food again and I'm leaving it by the door. Please eat when you get the chance," Mikasa insisted carefully.

You were searching for a specific book, you never picked up the bookshelf off the floor so it just stayed as a blockage in the front of your door with the books messily spread on the floor.

Mikasa pushed the door open; only able to have it cracked open since the bookshelf was in the way.

"Oh...you still haven't moved that bookshelf," she mumbled.

"Don't have any time to. Do you know where I can get a sociology book without it being over two hundred dollars?" You turned around at the desk in your room and books all over your desk and papers scattered across your lap.

Clothes were on the floor and your bed wasn't made, Mikasa looked at you with wide eyes and a complete worrisome feeling.

"Uh...not sure. We could go pick one up together?"

"No need. I'll go by myself-"

"Would you stop? Please." She dropped the bag of food on the floor and it landed on the bottom so it was fine, she pushed the door all the way open whilst having to shove the bookshelf over to make space.

"Stop what? I have a sociology class so I can't really stop looking for the book. I figure the library will have it, "you explained.

"I know you have this big strong exterior put up to keep yourself from crying or getting attached but pushing things away won't do anything. Admit it. You got attached. There's nothing wrong with that!"

"What are you saying?"

"Stop trying to drown yourself in work and activities. You're human and it's necessary to feel emotions! You and Eren rarely went more than a day without hanging out for two months, you practically lost a best friend so don't act like it isn't affecting you when it's very clear that it is." She yelled at you and glanced at the things all over your floor.

You stared at each other, she was waiting for you to counter her response but everything she said was true.

"It's not fair."

"Huh...?"

"I am so tired of things not being stable. I just want to be constantly happy. I got out of my comfort zone for no reason," you complained and sighed.

"What if...I had done things differently? Maybe if I told him sooner?" You mumbled.

You knew you were too much from the start, that's as the entire reason you hadn't got back into dating. How much you felt when it came to situations, the constant over thinking, and even how much you cared.

You warned yourself from the start but didn't even follow your own warning. You like him that much. Getting him to play in the rain with you, throw Twinkies at each other, or even the way he helped you study despite him wanting you to take breaks for your health.

All it took for you to show an interest in him was that night at Prya. The way you fell onto his chest and simultaneously fell for him. Nothing happened according to plan...but was that good? Or was it the reason you and Eren were bound to fail?

EREN POV:

I arrived at the hospital to visit my mother, she said she had something to give y/n and I obviously wasn't going to bring her along after what happened.

She was getting worse.

Before when she was getting worse it wasn't very visible, but now it was. Her skin looked like snow and her hair was thinner than usual, she asked for me not to visit her as much because she didn't want her son to see her like this.