hate for

You pulled away and turned your head at the sounds of people.

"Shit..." you whispered.

"I'm assuming you wouldn't want to be found by them?"

You shook your head while he found the situation amusing and was laughing. He took your hand and led you to the right, right into the patches of trees so your shadows would die down and nobody would question it. Thankfully, they couldn't see your faces only your figures.

It wasn't like woods or anything, you could clearly see straight through the trees, and on the other side was just more sand so he brought you over there. This was the only time it was awkward, you didn't know what to do or even say because you weren't a hundred percent sure you acted on instinct. More like a reaction that you had been waiting to be provoked.

"We're you eating a chocolate cupcake?" He asked while licking his bottom lick and thinking about it.

"Yeah, but I didn't finish it...I only had a bite,"

"My bad. I'll get you another," he sat down on the sand and you plopped down next to him.

"Why did we..."

"Kiss?" He finished off, turning his head to look at you with his knees to his chest.

"Yeah...I don't want things to be weird now," you put your head on his shoulder as you stared at the water together.

"It won't be. You're the one who gets embarrassed by everything instead of just enjoying stuff," he replied.

"Not true,"

"It's not? So I'm wrong then?"

"Okay, maybe you're a little right...just a little, not completely,"

"Just a little, huh?" He chuckled and looked over at you on his shoulder with a smile on his face.

He reached his arm over and titled your head up to his, looking right at you like before. His face was in front of yours, your body was slightly turned to him and he was staring at your lips again.

"There's a little frosting left," he whispered teasingly.

"Hey! What are you two doing down there?! Come on!" Connie shouted from just outside the trees.

You had put your hands on Eren's chest to stop him the moment you heard Connie's voice in a reflex motion.

"You're so paranoid. Everyone already thinks we're dating so it doesn't matter,"

You stood up and he stood up with you but you didn't know how to reply so you just turned around and started walking back.

"Did I make you uncomfortable?"

"No, you're making me nervous." You explained as he walked next to you.

He stood in front of you and blocked your path, stopping you from walking. He looked you up and down for a moment before saying anything.

"Don't think so much and it won't be awkward,"  he assured in a comforting tone.

"No don't say anything you're making it worse,"

"You want me to pretend nothing happened? That's what I was gonna do at first,"

"Yes please."

He nodded and moved out the way, you walked back together and each went separate ways, joining everybody else at separate times. You went to go get a juice box from the cooler and collect yourself.

He truly did go off as nothing happened, you saw him talking to Reiner and a couple of other guys who were laughing and joking around with him by the bar.