Chapter 36

After school, Dean went to his brother at firehouse 51. As he entered the station, he stopped and looked around. He went out again and checked if he was really on the right station. When he came back in, Chief Boden came towards him. "Hey Dean, are you okay?" Boden asked, taking off his glasses. Dean shook his head. "Let me guess, you want to see your brother, but don't know where to go?" Boden asked. Dean nodded. "And all of this has left you speechless?" Boden asked. Dean nodded again. "Alright then, come. I'll take you to Kelly." Boden said. Kelly and Matt were setting up their new spacious office. "Guys, I've got a visitor for you." Boden said. "Hey, well. How was your first day of school?" Kelly asked. "Good." Dean said. "I'll leave you alone again then... um, I suggest you to give him a little tour and show him everything." Boden said and left the three of them alone. "Do you have an invisible wall now?" Dean asked and sat down on Kelly's bed. "Want to try it yourself?" Matt asked. Dean got up and slowly felt his way forward. "And convinced?" Kelly asked. Dean turned and walked backwards. "Yup, convinced." Dean said and ran into the wall. "Ouch." he said, rubbing the back of his head. "Maybe we should have said something." Kelly said. Dean punched Kelly in the arm and sat back down on the bed. "So, tell me, how was your day at school?" Kelly asked. "Well, I've already found a lot of friends." Dean said. "That's great." Matt said. Dean rummaged in his school bag. "We're not all in the same class, but we meet during lunch time...here, can you fill this in?" Dean asked. "Well then, show me." Kelly said and sat down at his desk. "You go to school and Kelly gets the homework." Matt said. "It's just the emergency contact so the school knows who to contact if I'm hurt or unwell at school." Dean said. "Ah, well then, Kelly, be specific." Matt joked. "Chief, can we have this wall put back?" Kelly asked his chief, who was walking by. Dean was having a great time. Boden eyed his two leaders. "Dean, do me a favor. Keep an eye on those two." Boden said. "Aye Aye Chief." Dean laughed. Dean kept a close eye on the two. "Why don't you go into the common room and we'll be right there too" Kelly said. "Okay." Dean said and got up. In the door he stopped again and turned around. "Kelly." he said. "Mhmm." Kelly murmured. Dean said nothing, just looked at his brother. "What?" Kelly asked. "I'll give you a hand. He doesn't know where the common room is." Matt said. Dean nodded. "Right. Well then sit down again and you can participate here too." Kelly said and held out the emergency contact form to Matt. Matt wrote his name and phone number on the form and gave it back to Kelly. "Okay, then we'll give this to the girls and then you can pack it up again." Kelly said. Matt and Kelly showed him the 'new' station and then went to the common room together. "Hey Dean. How was your first day at school?" Stella asked. "Good." Dean said. Kelly introduced Dean to the new members. «Hi Dean. Nice to meet you." Violet said. Then a call came in. You 4 can get to know each other a little better in the meantime." Kelly said, gave Dean a kiss on the head and ran into the vehicle hall with the others. Dean stood in the middle of the common room and looked after them. "So do you live with your brother or are you just visiting?" Gianna asked. «No, I live with him, Stella and Leslie, but only for 5 months now. I used to live with my mom and her partner but they didn't take care of me so I was allowed to move in with Kelly." Dean said. "And what about your dad?" Mills asked. "No idea. Never met him but Kelly said it was for the best." Dean said. "So do you like living with your brother?" Gianna asked. "Yes, it's very cool. I'm in a new school now and I'm starting all over again." Dean said. "And you're here regularly?" Violet asked. "Yeah, actually every day, but that might change soon." Dean said. "Why?" Violet asked. "Kelly doesn't want me to be here all day, he wants me to make friends and play with kids my own age, too." Dean said. "That's good, isn't it?" Gianna asked. "Yeah, but I'm afraid of it too. Until recently I only had two friends. I was bullied a lot at my old school and almost died in a school fire." Dean said. "But it's all right now, isn't it?" Mills asked. "Yes. I've recovered quite well from the school fire and I've got a few more friends at my new school, too." Dean said. "We're glad to hear that." Violet smiled.

In the evening, Dean was picked up by Cindy.