Chapter 9

After breakfast everyone got into their cars and drove to the mall. "Phew, there's a lot going on here today." Kelly said as he pulled into the parking lot. "Everyone had the same idea as we did." Dean said. "Yeah, looks like it, let's see if we can find a parking space." Kelly laughed. Then Kelly's phone rang. Dean answered the call. "Hello." He said, turning on the speaker. "Hey boys, where are you?" Stella asked. "On the north side of the parking lot, but it's full here." Kelly said. "I think we'll see you then, take a look to the left." Stella said, waving to them. "Is there any parking left there?" Kelly asked. "Yes, there are still a few parking spaces here, if you are fast, one of them is yours." Stella said. Dean ended the call and Kelly made his way through the crowded parking lot. When Kelly and Dean finally reached the parking row, Stella showed them into the last free parking space. "Buckle up, I'll be right there and help you out of the car." Kelly said, squeezing out of the car. "There are special sales today, that's why it's so full today." Sylvie said, pointing to the banner above the entrance. "Great, let's hope we can find something that Dean likes." Kelly said, opening the car door carefully. "Can you hold it shortly?" Dean asked, handing out his stuffed dog to Kelly. "Are you sure you want to take it with you?" Kelly asked. "Yes, he always comes with me." Dean said, squeezing himself out of the car. "All right." Kelly said, handing the stuffed animal back to Dean. Dean wanted to go ahead, but didn't look at the traffic. "DEAN, WATCH OUT!" Kelly shouted. Kelly was able to grab his brother just in time before the car ran over him. Kelly waved an apologetic hand in the direction of the driver. "Sorry Kelly." Dean said. "As long as you don't inflict a second heart attack on us, everything is fine." Kelly smiled and took Dean by the hand. At the main entrance, Kelly and Matt each got a shopping cart with a flat loading surface and Stella, Sylvie and Shay each got a shopping cart. Dean jumped onto the back of Matt's cart and sat down. "All right, let's go." Matt said, and they went inside. "Why doesn't it look so crowded in here, the parking lots outside are all taken?" Dean asked. "Quite simply, the shopping Centre is big, people can be better distributed here." Stella explained. It was a lot quieter in the furniture department than in the rest of the shops. "And of course, there are no special sales for the furniture." Sylvie said. "As always." Shay laughed. "Kelly, Kelly, I want this bed." Dean said suddenly very excited and pulled Kelly by the arm. "Well, that was easy." Matt said. "Wait a minute, I'm sure he'll see something else." Kelly laughed. "Kelly, I'd rather take this bed." Dean said, pointing to the car bed next door. "And here we go." Kelly laughed. Dean paced indecisively back and forth between the car bed and the bunk bed. "What do you think if we just take both beds." Kelly suggested. Dean frowned at him. "Well, I'll assume you want to invite friends every now and then?" Kelly asked. "Yeah, then 2 beds wouldn't be that bad." Stella smiled. While Kelly and Matt got all the furniture with the seller, Stella, Sylvie, Shay and Dean set out to buy the rest for the room. "Well, what else do you need?" Sylvie asked. "A big map of the world and some posters." Dean said. "Well, let's see if we can find all of this." Shay said, rubbing his hair. About an hour later the girls and Dean came back to the boys. "You've been hardworking." Matt said when he saw the 4. "You too." Sylvie said. "Yeah, we also bought some shelfs and we got a few extra items." Kelly said. "What?" Dean asked. "Well, since you love to read, I thought you would like a reading corner." said Kelly. "Yay, thank you." Dean said and jumped into his brother's arms. "You're welcome." Kelly smiled and kissed him. When everything was paid, they went outside and didn't remember where they had parked their cars. "We should have memorized the parking row." Matt said, scratching his head. "Can you pick me up, maybe I'll see where the cars are." Dean said and Kelly picked him up and put him on his shoulders. "So, do you see the cars?" Stella asked. "Wait a minute ... yeah, Matt's pick-up is over there." Dean said. Kelly let him down again and Dean led them to the cars. "Good, I suggest we load the furniture onto the back of the pick-up." Matt said. After everything was stowed in the cars, they made their way out of the crowded parking lot and drove home.