59

Tore my shirt to stop you bleeding, but nothing ever stops you leaving. 

Savannah's eyes opened slowly.

The light was almost blinding, but she kept them open.

People were talking, that much she could tell, but she couldn't tell what they were saying.

There was already a pair of eyes looking down at her, she recognized them, but from where?

She wasn't even sure if they were really even eyes, her vision was so blurred.

Was she back at Hydra?

Pierce?

The Avengers?

A million thoughts were racing through her already hurting head.

She felt like she'd just slept a million years and yet hadn't slept at all.

The eyes watching her blinked and Savannah's instincts got the better of her.

Reaching up to grab the shirt of the person watching her, she swung her arm back, literally throwing the person across the room where they hit the wall and slid to the ground.

Savannah swung her legs over the hospital bed she had been laying and took a few careful steps toward the man on the floor.

Her vision slowly became less blurry.

She knew this man... right?

"Savannah!"

And she knew that voice.

Everything sounded so distant, so strange.

There was a hand on her shoulder, more talking, but all Savannah could understand was the beating of her own heart.

It was fast, faster than it would normally be.

Savannah blinked.

And suddenly she could hear everything again, it sounded like somebody had simply unmuted her ears.

Voices, machines, footsteps, shouting, and the thumping of hearts, all came into focus at once.

Savannah swayed where she stood, her head was pounding from all the noise, and from the dizziness.

Hands were pulling her back towards the bed and she let them.

"Savannah look at me please"

Savannah could hear the voice, she recognized it too, but she could barely understand it.

Was it in a different language? 

No no, definitely English.

Savannah turned her head to look at whoever the voice had come from.

Red hair, green eyes, Natasha Romanoff, Savannah's mother.

"How are you feeling?" asked Nat.

"How's she feeling?! I'm the one who just got thrown at the wall"

Savannah turned to head to the man now getting off the floor.

Clint Barton.

"Shut the hell up Barton, you're not the one who just had a goddamn chip in your head"

Savannah turned her head again to wherever that voice had come from.

She recognized that one too, Sam Wilson.