15

I can't tell if it's killing me or making me stronger

One month.

30 freakin days.

That's how long Savannah's been at the Avenger's tower pretending to be getting along with them. The only problem she had... she wasn't sure if she was pretending anymore. She hadn't noticed it at first, but over the past few days she had realized, everything just came to her naturally. From waiting for Bucky to knock on her door, signaling for breakfast, to spending the afternoon in her room with Jasper drawing and listening to music, to Peter coming back from school and having lunch with him, to having dinner with Bucky and Natasha, to doing a fun activity with Wanda which Peter and even Pietro would join sometimes. Savannah still didn't really like him but it was getting better. 

She had realized that Pietro and Peter were very competitive, like VERY competitive. It was pretty amusing.

But the fact that Savannah was getting used to life here was driving her insane.

So insane was she getting about it, that she decided to do something stupid and message Alexander Pierce that her position has been compromised and she needed to return. She couldn't help it. She didn't want to admit to herself that she liked it here. 

She couldn't, right? 

That would be stupid.

Sure, Savannah loved that nobody needed anything from her, she was just free to do whatever she was comfortable with, she loved that no one cared about her past or where she'd come from, she loved that Peter would bring her different coloring books every week, she loved that Morgan had baked her a batch of cookies (with Steve's help of course), she loved that she had become possible friends with Wanda, she was even okay with the little competitions she would have with Pietro.

But that didn't mean that Savannah liked it here, right?

Pft, of course not.

She had a job to do, that was what she was doing.

She had actually received some pretty good intel to share with Pierce when she returned to Hydra. Savannah looked back at her room one last time before shutting the door behind her. She had dropped Jasper off in Peter's room, he would take care of him from now on. She had also told Clint to tell the others that she was going on a run.

What they didn't know was that there was actually a jet waiting a few miles away for her, sent from Hydra.

Savannah walked out of the tower and sighed.

All she had to do now was go back to Hydra and pretend her time at the tower never happened.

Couldn't be hard right?

She was a Hydra champion, she could do anything she wanted.

Savannah approached the jet to be met with Rumlow waiting outside for her.

"Ah Princess, it's been a while" he grinned "I hope you got something" 

"Hell yeah I did" 

"Then come on in" He moved aside to let her into the jet. Savannah rolled her eyes and walked in. She may have been gone for a month but some things never change, Rumow's personality for example.

The flight back to Russia was long and boring. Savannah watched as New York grew smaller and smaller until she couldn't see it anymore.

Well, that was over...