Chapter 44

Love doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to be true.

~Unknown

Jagati

Okay! What the fudge just happened now?

My heart feels like it just raced a marathon, my fingers are freezing cold, there is this fluttering in my stomach and tingles all over my body.

Dream about you and me..

Did that really happen or am I day dreaming? Or Am I starting to hallucinate things? Did Devansh just kiss me thrice in a span of an 10 minutes?

Of course dumbo, he did.

He did? That was real, It all happened. I touched my cheek, feeling his lips lingering on them...

Devansh kissed me.

The thought of his hate gave me anxiety attacks, so I prepared myself for the hate he was gonna give me, but ever since we left to his house, he is being nice, like his old self, and like my Dev with me, If not he is being way too friendly, cocky, goofy and silly.

"Why do look so red, and why are you touching your face repeatedly?" Dhruv asked me with a puzzled look on his face, lying in the middle of my bed.

I immediately withdrew my hand from my face and wanted to kill myself for acting without reading the room I am in.

"What are you doing in my room?" I questioned his question, not wanting to answer putting a straight face on, and killing all the senses that came alive after years.

"Hmm...you are dodging my question and are blushing ever since you came in here, Did you do some hanky-panky business with your lover boy.. " He said with scrunched up eyebrows, walking to me and scrutinizing my every move and action.

I feel like a robber being investigated by a cop, with the sweat on my face and hands.

Dhruv will go rampage if he knows that Devansh came on to me, he is more protective of me than Karthik.

I can't let him know about this, he will kill Devansh. I mustered up the courage after taking a few gulps and said.

"Stop talking crap Dhruv, and Act your age. I have work to do unlike you...so, move."

"Work later, I am leaving tomorrow early in the morning..Talk to me, entertain me..." He pouted asking me and I gave in.

He is leaving back to his home tomorrow morning as his spring semester started 2 days back. I am gonna miss him, I wish I could keep Dhruv with me forever, but I know that can't be possible, he has his own life and he will get more worried with the new confusing behavior of Devansh.

One small decision and one jealous person like Nelson changed my life.

We jumped on to my bed and talked about every useless topic in the world, called Arjun, Danny and all the kids. Dhruv slept watching the movie but for my eyes sleep was off the books, I couldn't sleep with so many thoughts racing my head.

Devansh used to be my solace, but now he is the reason for my pain and worry, I don't know how to get out of that pain, I am stuck and I can't take that pain out.

Why me..When will this end? I did hurt him by lying but he hurt me till I broke into pieces, I am still gathering each and every piece to rebuild myself.

Life never goes how we planned, I was supposed to stay in a hotel and finish the work, but Uncle requested me and my parents to let me stay with them and then I prepared myself to avoid Devansh at all costs and stay away from him but now that's down the drain too.