Chapter 29

Sin has many tools, but a lie is the handle which fits them all.

~Oliver Wendall Holmes

Jagruthi

It's official! my friends are the worst, wanna know what they did?

For this semester's dare, They wanted me to tell our most strict warden that she was the most beautiful woman in the college and that I have a crush on her.

That was horrendous and I chickened out looking at Warden Martha yelling at the other kids. So, as a punishment, I had to wash all my clothes this time instead of giving them to the washing lady, and on top of that they decided to go out leaving me all alone with my stinky uniforms.

#lifesucks #myfriendsaretheworst

I put on my headphones and played some music and sing out loud while I wash these clothes as no one is here.

'Cause we are the helpless, selfish, one of a kind
Millennium kids, that all wanna die

Walking in the street with no light inside our eyes
We are the worthless, cursed with too much time
We get into trouble and lose our minds
It's something that I've heard a million times in my life

Generation Why

Why why why why why why why why why
We're livin' night to night
Why why why why why why why why why
Since we're bound to die, oh
Why why why why why w...

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I jumped out dropping my pants on the floor due to the scare. Ughh..I have to wash this again, I am going to kill these people, they leave me alone and on top of that they are trying to scare me now.

I turned around to yell at them, and found myself shocked at the person who tapped on my shoulder.

What does she want now?

How would I know? Is she here to kill me now that no one is here?

Stop panicking and act brave.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. That song was dark and real at the same time." Sahastra said to me with a smile on her face.

Is this a dream? Wake up you lunatic, wake up.

Not a dream, 100% real

"This is Generation Why by Conan Gray, he is amazing. He is like the next Taylor Swift for me. You should listen to all his albums, he is a freaking genius."

As usual I  rambled not knowing what to talk to her after all that happened, she laughed at my nervous tick.

This feels like talking to an ex-boyfriend after a sad breakup, all awkward and worthless information.

"There is not a slightest change in your behavior, you are the same person I knew." She said smiling at me.

I just stood there still, not able to fathom her next move or mine.

"Janu,I am really sorry for hurting you, I was clouded by jealousy and lost good friends. I know that I don't deserve your forgiveness but I just want you to know that I am sorry." She said to me wholeheartedly and I felt it.

She was jealous of me?

Was that all you got from the apology?

"It's all water under the bridge Sahastra, Don't fret about it. And I should be thank full to you, I found the best friends of my life because of that." I told her sincerely, it because of her I got Nidhi and Sammy.