Chapter 43

Sometimes all you need is a second chance, because time wasn't ready for the first one.

~Unknown

Devansh

"Anshu...wake up!" I heard my mom and felt her cold hands tap my cheek gently.

I opened my eyes slowly and found my mom looking at me with immense love, I saw the clock behind her which says 1:42.

Oh god, I slept through half a day, just that thought made me jerk and sit up.

"It's almost 2 Maa! You should've woken me up earlier." I told her rubbing my eyes and looking at the clock again, to check if the time was right.

"You slept after so long and I didn't have the heart to wake you up." She said cleaning up the mess in this room.

That's true, My sleep was always limited to 2-3 hours ever since I started working, this is the first time I had a peaceful 10+ hours sleep, I feel so refreshed and energetic.

"Was Janu here?" She asked me holding the vase in her hand and looking at the sheets covering my body.

"Yeah! I got her here last night and showed her everything I worked on and I kinda slept talking to her." In her lap, I cut that part out for my mother.

Wish she slept along with me here, and we woke up together, with her in my arms entangled together like in the movies, but that's not reality. She left and I don't know when she did.

I remembered the encouraging words she told me, and then I realized the little trust she has on me looking at the vase in my mother's hands.

"Come on, get ready and have lunch." My mom shook me out of my thoughts.

I got out of the bed and went into my house passing through her room which is completely empty, but I gave me a sense of relief that she is still in the house. Missing her presence, I freshened up, ate lunch and went to the small office we made for ourselves, I checked through the all the orders and started working on it.

It was almost 7 when the others started to leave informing me, them leaving to their families me realize that nights are the only times I get to spend with her. So, I raced to our house on my bike and parked it outside, the house which was always dead quiet is not so quiet anymore, I could hear loud voices.

I walked into the living room and found, Janu and Dhruv are bickering with each other.

"Can you shut up for 2 minutes? I am working here." Janu said looking at the laptop screen and her fingers clacking the keyboard. She looks completely involved in whatever she was doing.

"Can you stop working for 2 minutes? Aunty and Uncle are calling us for dinner."

"Oh God! You are annoying."

"If I am annoying, you are ignorant....you don't care about me, go eat that stupid laptop and don't come to me when you are hungry in the middle of the night." Dhruv pushed her away and got up from the couch.

"So dramatic.."Janu rolled her eyes at him.

"DRAMATIC.... MEE! wow.....You are turning into this no fun person, my grandma was way more fun than you are right now." He snickered at her while she threw a pillow at him.

And that's how the war between them started, in seconds they turned from civil human beings to goons, who are ready to slit each other throats. My mom and dad are trying to stop them but it's all in vain and unheard between their loud voices and hitting each other with everything in the reach of the hand.