Chapter 18

An excuse is a skin of a reason stuffed with a lie.
– Billy Sunday

Jagruthi

"Papa! Don't yell. You did the same thing, how does it feel when I do that to you? It hurts doesn't it?" I questioned him holding diamond who's jumping in my arms.

In his face, he didn't tell me till yesterday night that I won't be going home. So, I didn't tell him that I'm at Dev's house until now. Ever since I told him that he has been yelling at me without a break like it's an armageddon.

"I know I hurt you Janu. But this is not how you behave young lady. I'm sending Shyam right now to pick you up. What about security? Do you know how scared I am.." He kept yelling but I took my ear of the phone.

Devansh's house is really awesome, it's so green with plants animals everywhere. Who would sit in a boring old room when I can roam out in this luscious greenery?

The feeling of fresh air and walking on wet grass with bare foot is so amazing.

"Are you listening to me JAGATI?" My Papa yelled at me gaining my attention back to him.

"I was mad papa, you didn't think about me, I am always a second priority to you. It's just for 4 days and I like it here. Devansh's family is so welcoming and I am not com.."

Suddenly I felt someone tap on my shoulder and it is Devansh's dad. I smiled at him while he signaled to give the phone to him.

"I am giving the phone to Devansh's dad. He wants to talk to you." I said and gave my phone away.

"Hello sir! My name is Raghuvaran." Uncle said and started nodded his head agreeing with my father.

"We will take care of your daughter so don't worry about her." He said again making me feel thankful that he is supporting me.

"I understand that she didn't tell you, she is just a child. I'll take care of her. I will give you my number, you can call me anytime."

"Uh.huh...hmm. She looks like she is." Uncle said smiling at me.

After few more minutes, he gave the phone back.

"Fine, stay with them. If you repeat this again, I'm gonna send you back to Grandma's and you won't be attending college either. So, have fun and Don't worry I'll take care of your mom." He told and I jumped in happiness.

"Thank you papa! I love you." I said and cut the call.

I walked to the animal barn and found uncle cleaning it alone.

"Thank you so much for convincing my dad uncle."

"You should've informed them first. Your father sounds worried." He said picking out trash.

"He deserved it Uncle and how can I help you?" I asked him.

"You are a guest, just sit and enjoy."

"Offo.. Uncle! Let me help you. Where is Dev?" I said and started picking up the dried grass on the floor just like uncle.

Daimond was stuck in a puddle this morning, when I found. So, had mud all over my dress this morning. After meeting Uncle and Aunty I washed myself up and had breakfast and took a nap till now. I couldn't find Devansh anywhere after waking up.

"He took his mother out for some groceries." He said and I nodded.

Devansh's  father is not much of a talker, it's always question and answer session with him. Maybe it's an Army thing, to give out serious vibes.