Chapter 28

We lie loudest when we lie to ourselves.

~Eric Hoffer

Jagruthi

"Rey! Is everything ready?" I asked Rey who's setting up this big birthday surprise for Dev.

I can't believe it's Devansh's birthday already, I couldn't wish him in person at 12 because I stay in a hostel and he stays in an apartment by the college. So, we are meeting at the near by temple of Lord Ram at 7 in the morning on his birthday.

I did get all my friends a permission from the warden to go out for lunch today, with the help of my mother.

"Okay, Devansh is here! I will bring him by in an hour." I said and cut the call waving at Devansh.

He is looking like an Abercrombie model in a white tee and black pants with a jean jacket on top. He was taking his white Adidas Yeezys off, which I got him for him as a pre birthday gift, looking at me with a smile on his face.

He looks drool worthy and yummy...

He is mine to drool and stop casting an evil eye on him, it's his birthday and my stupid friends already hogged him for lunch and they have to get to a party tonight with the cricket club which leaves me 5 hours of alone time with him.

"Happy birthday bubby!" I said holding his hand reminding myself that I am in a temple full of people.

Can we not hug our boyfriend in a temple? It's his birthday and I want to.

I don't know, I could hug him anywhere but we are already getting judgmental stares at us by all these aunties.

"Thank you my Jaan!" He replied wrapping his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him and planting a kiss on the side of my head.

Suck it, all the ladies in the temple, this biryani of a man is mine.

"Let's go in." He said and held my hand in his, and I felt safe, happy with his assuring hold on me and my mind totally forgot that I was walking into a closed and flustered room full of people.

As walked through the queue and reached all the way to the god, while we stood there for a few minutes. I folded my hands and prayed for the well being of my family and to give my Dev whatever he wants in life.

After contently requesting god, we walked out and an early 40's lady walked to us with plate with Prasad, and the aromatic smell of the food made me stop as I didn't eat anything from the last 2 hours.

"Here! Take this." The lady said with a warm smile and placed a small disposable bowl of food in my hand.

"Thank you Mam." Devansh replied while I was figuring out what this food is called.

"You guys remind me of me and my boyfriend, who's my husband now. I hope you love each other like Ram and Sita." She said with a smile on her face to Dev.

"We are not Ram and Sita, He is my Shiva and I am his Parvathi. No love for kingdom and it's people is gonna break us apart. He is gonna be with me for all lives, like lord Shiva." I told her my opinion while they both gaped at me in shock at my words.

"Sorry honey, he is yours forever." She laughed, patted my head and walked away with a smile on her face.

"So, my cute little Kali. Are you gonna give me some of that?" Dev asked me pointing at the Prasad in my hands.

"Just because it's your birthday." I huffed at him and shared the bowl with him.

"Feed me, I am a little baby and I can't eat." He whined with a cute little pout on his face, making me wanna kiss the life out of him.