La Push(A)

I meant to sleep in, but an unusual brightness woke me. I opened my eyes to see a clear yellow light streaming through my window. I hurried to the window to check, and sure enough, there was the sun. It was in the wrong place in the sky, too low, and it didn't seem to be as close as it should be, but it was definitely the sun. Clouds ringed the horizon, but a large patch of blue was visible in the middle.

I decided to stay by the window for as long as I could, pulling out a canvas and began sketching. I cursed to myself when I saw the familiar eyes I was trying to get over.

Shaking my head, I put the drawing away and got everything packed for the day. It was still going to be colder; the water was the biggest issue. So, I made sure to grab my rain jacket. As I headed downstairs.

My mom was sitting at the bar, a cup of coffee in her hands.

"morning" I replied grabbing some juice.

"Good morning. Everything is already in the cooler" she replied her brows furrowed as she looked at the paper.

"everything okay?" she looked up.

"yeah, just the paper... there's been some missing persons cases."

"any in town?"

She shook her head "no, they're outside of Port Angeles. Up north. Nothing for you to worry about"

I nodded, "okay... I'm heading to the Newton's Store"

"Remember to take your jacket okay, the water is going to be cold"

"I will, promise"

The Newtons' Olympic Outfitters store was just north of town. I had been here a few times but never for anything major. In the parking lot I recognized Mike's Suburban and Tyler's Sentra. As I pulled up next to their vehicles, I could see the group standing around in front of the Suburban. Eric was there along with Ben and Connor, Jess was there too, flanked by Angela and Lauren.

Bella was just stepping out of her truck as I pulled in. When I stepped I saw Mike approach Bella. Another boy who was obsessed with the girl.

I guess it made some sense, opposites attract right? Mike is outgoing, happy go lucky, athletic and Bella is the introvert. Quiet, awkward. I guess that would be why he and Jess wouldn't work out, Jess was his female version... to a point. Mike wasn't a gossip and was very loyal.

"You came!" he called, delighted. "And I said it would be sunny today, didn't I?"

"I told you I was coming," she reminded him.

"We're just waiting for Lee and Samantha... unless you invited someone," Mike added.

"Nope," Bella replied I couldn't tell if she was lying or not. Mike however looked satisfied with that. I couldn't just pretend that Bella only had eyes for Edward.

"Will you ride in my car? It's that or you could ride with Alex." Mike seemed to just now realize I was here.

"Sure." Bella replied earning a blissful smile from Mike.

"You can have shotgun," he promised.

I rolled my eyes and helped pack up everything and got everything into my cooler. Since this was Mike and I's plan, we were required to bring food. Or rather we agreed to because this was an all-day event. So, my mom and I ordered a bunch of sandwiches from the diner while Mike brought drinks (sodas, juice) and some chips.

Of course, others brought their own food, I for instance wasn't a big fan of chips probably because I never really ate them. I mean they were always too salty... with dip it wasn't so bad.