Don't anger the doctor

"That is why I am here, actually

"That is why I am here, actually. A sheriffs' duty is to solve crimes after all"

"You're a damn criminal yourself...", there's the sound of a door opening on Nicholas' end of the line "You wouldn't even be able to solve 'Clue', or however that game is called"

"... I don't like the way you're talking to me" Sheriff growls.

"Well, too bad. You can't tell me how to talk to you. Hermione is the head of the medical department so I take orders from her. And her orders can only be overwritten by the chief or the second or third in command. You can't tell anybody what to do without one of those three standing behind you"

"I don't need to listen to a lecture from a murderous, biased doctor, who was hired by a pair of clueless children!"

Nicholas goes quiet and Fredrick glares at the older man "Sheriff, what the-"

"Listen... Carter", it sounds like the doctor is a lot closer to his phone now "I can't say that I'm not these things but if I was as murderous and biased as you think I am, you would be dead. And the clan would have a lot less assholes in it. So I'm gonna say it again... I am loyal to my fiancée, Hermione, the chief and his second and third in command. If I catch you doing anything to physically harm them or provoke anything that gets them hurt in any way..." the sound of fingernails scratching over a rigid surface "They won't even be able to identify your body as human"

The call ends.