Investigation - Choice #6

You determine that this is a great setup for a murder

You would be backed into a corner and at least for a moment be distracted, vulnerable for an attack from behind.

Similar to how you would be feeling compelled to checking out an alarm in an engine room and then round a corner, seeing something confusing and not immediately dangerous. Which turned out to be very dangerous. Deadly, to be specific. But you wouldn't really care about that anymore. Or be able to care about anything.

In that specific scenario however your trapper, would need to flee since you weren't the person who was supposed to show up, preferably on their own. As your trapper the only thing you would leave behind that couldn't be noticed by the stations' inhabitants would be traces of your Chaos energy. A trained CCC employee, or even an untrained not-CCC employee, with the right equipment would be able to determine that your chaos level is somewhere in the range of 6.2 to 8.7.

Enough to leave a big enough trace on your unfortunate victims' body to disturb the abilities of an unusual camera.

As you, the asker, have just read and discovered by trying, the jewel that is now in your possession has chaos levels at least high enough to cause the camera to fail to produce a bio at all. I mean, maybe it was because it was an object, but the CCC sure made it sound like there was something sentient connected to it.

You're probably getting really tired of this style of writing and probably feel compelled to bonk the Mod on the head with something.

You probably skipped over a few of the words and that's fine. It's probably not important.

You decide to further investigate the humming sound. You also try to contact Mr. MacBeth again but it seems that comms is out of commission for the time being.

Since you are not unarmed and able to fight you proceed to walk towards the sound.

It's not like the two people before you weren't armed and able to fight, but you are at least not on your own, and so far that seems to be something the killer avoids attacking.

At least in not locked spaces with people that are obviously part of this clan.

After rounding a corner, you see the source of the sound. An ordinary, old radio. It is in fact so ordinary that it looks kind of out of place on this station. You shouldn't waste too much time looking at it though. You should rather investigate the hissing sound that comes from very close behind you. Since this seems to be a dire situation that requires an immediate decision without any discussion, you turn around and see the silhouette of a person, about Martys' height and with a very similar body type.

You are not able to identify him without a doubt due to not being able to recognize his face.

Also because they are covering their face with their hands which look like they're... melting.

Before you can do things like pull out your handy camera, the person backs away and flees. It leaves a trace of little droplets of the transparent substance you found before and you make successful effort to not touch those.

You can't follow the person.

A mysterious force holds you in place, in case you were planning on running after whatever that was, before you can get crushed by a tipped over stack of boxes. Trapping you temporally. Long enough for the thing to get away.

That was me, I did that, you're welcome.

A) Climb over that, maybe your fast enough, or it is slow enough, for you to still get a picture

B) Hope for comms being back online to ask for someone from medbay coming by to help and hopefully not getting themselves killed in the process

C) Bonk the Mod on the head to end this nonsense and also do one of the other options