"Widowed"-Achievement

„Achievement unlocked"

„... Anyone else heard that?"

„Oh. Kyle mentioned that they sometimes are accompanied by a higher level anomaly"

"What?!"

______________________________________________

June 1994

"Terry..." "He likes it. Look"

Carol had to chuckle at her boyfriend. He was sitting on the edge of her bed, letting the big yellow citrine pendant dangle above the little bundle she was holding in her arms. Tiny hands were trying to grab the triangular gemstone but it was just out of reach. "You're just teasing him"

Terrence hummed in amusement and lowered his arm so the baby could get a hold of the shiny pendant. "... I can't change your mind?"

"... No...", she leaned back against the headboard "This isn't about us, Terry... it's about him"

"You... would make a great mom, Carry"

"The clan isn't a great home for a baby. And there's nowhere else for us to go"

Terrence had his eyes trained on the only a few days old child "I could get a job..."

"What are we going to do until you find someone who is willing to employ a teenager with a criminal record as long as he is tall?" Carol lowered her voice when she saw that the baby was falling asleep, holding on tightly to his new treasure.

"... We can come back and pick him up when he's older, right?"

"Probably... It's the right thing to do"

"Give him a choice?", he carefully detached the chain from the pendant to leave it with the baby "We never had that"

"And now look at us..."

"You know what I see when I look at you"

"Not what the rest of the world does, that's for sure", she leaned against him when he scooted closer to put one arm around her shoulder "... They're going to come and check on us soon"

"You want to leave now?"

"I'm fine Terrence. I can go" She handed the baby over to him so she could get out of bed and dressed. Terrence stayed where he was and just looked down at his son. Carol was physically and surprisingly mentally ready to just climb out of the window and disappear into the night, leaving their child in the hospital without even a note to give an explanation to the nurses. Terrence wasn't as ready. For all his usual reckless behavior, which had caused all this to happen in the first place, he felt like this was something he would regret.

Reginald and Right were still waiting outside after having helped Terrence to sneak in. Carol rejected all of the boys' advances to help her and walked away without looking back. Without ever looking back.

November 2010

"Oh! He-hello, Carol. How are you doing today?"

"Save it, Reginald. I heard you talking"

"... oh..." the brunet man started to fidget with his golden necklace nervously. The leaders' wife was really the last person he wanted to inform about his intentions. "Well... We should talk about it"

Carol crossed her arms and squinted her eyes at the other people gathered in the dimly lit room. There were quite a few... She sighed. This was inevitable. "What is your plan and what do you need?"