It was either do or die situation, and you decided do. You got a running start off of the branch, your hands gripping the vine tightly and you jumped off the branch. Your screams echoed around the rainforest as the branch supporting the vine had a loud, snap from above you.

"No! No! Damn it!" You screamed and the branch snapped, your body fell towards the river. The cold water hit your body like needles and your head hit a rock, your screams were being drowned out by the raging river itself. You tried surfacing the water, only to see yourself heading towards a waterfall.

"OF COURSE! My luck is fantastic!" You yelled and tumbled down, the gallons of water pouring ontop of you. Your ears were ringing and you were underwater for a bit of time until a certain someone had pulled you out.

Your head pounded and your eyelids slowly lifted, a pair of bright orange eyes had been looking down at you. Fingers had snapped at your ears to try to get your attention, you groaned in pain and tried to swat their hands away.

"Well, that's what you get for thinking a vine would actually hold you while swinging across a raging river." A voice stated to you from above, your head was in the person's lap. Their fingers had some sort of medicinal cream on their fingers and put it against your forehead, which stung.

You assumed that your head was banged up from the rocks at the bottom of the river, the person's fingers had been trying to help with the blood. Your eyes eventually adjusted to the light in your eyes, and you opened them sleepily to see a man who had been very carefully attending to your wounds.

His bright orange eyes fixed on helping your health while you noticed he had a hood like the head of Anubis, which had been an ancient god of the Egyptian times. His white locks of hair had been down at his shoulders and his bangs tangled in his face, you began to understand who it was.

(From the Genshin Impact Manga!)

"Cyno?" Your voice called out and he whispered, "Long time no see, Y/N. You look fantastic." He said sarcastically, you groaned at his response.

A wet cloth pressed against your head and you leaned into the touch from how amazing it felt against your pounding head.

"Where are we?" You mumbled, your eyes shutting again from how exhausted you had been. "Right outside of Sumeru's city, hold on tight." The Cyno's arms wrapped around your body and lifted you up, immediately sprinting in the direction of the city.

Your head was tucked into his chest, you were handled with such care that it shocked you that it had been this long since you'd seen your friend. He was always gentle around you, which was why you both bonded so fast.