Chapter 82

After everyone that could be helped had been helped, Mcgonagall sent the survivors home.

"You all need some sleep after today." She had said.

   It was highly unlikely to get any sleep, though. Dean and I apperated with Viktor and Kirstov's place. Kirstov, apparently, moved in about a week after Dean and I had left. Anyways, we went to their place to get cleaned up before going to Dean's house. Dean held my hand as we stood infront of the front door.

"Mum's gonna be pissed at me." He groaned, before knocking at the door.

   When the door was opened moments later, the woman stared at us wide eyed.

"Hey, Mum." Dean said sheepishly.

"Dean! Vanessa!" She gasped, stepping forward to hug the two of us tightly.

"Where on earth have you been?" Mrs. Thomas asked, dragging the two of us into the house.

"That's a bit of a long story." I said, smiling when she handed us each a cinamon roll from off the counter.

"I've got time, I just put the girls down for a nap and Dean's father went to the store." She said. 

   The two of us looked at each other before finally spilling the story.

"You were held prisoner? No wonder the two of you are so thin now." Mrs. Thomas said.

   She took it fairly well, seeing that we told her we had almost been killed about a hundred times.

~~~

   A week later, we hugged Mrs., Mr., Brianna, and Evelyn Thomas goodbye before apparating to Viktor and Kirstov's house. The two boys invited the two of us to stay in the guest room until we got our own place. Kirstov and I made dinner, not trusting the other two by the stove.

"So, you finally got together huh?" I asked, making Kirstov turn into a stuttering mess.

"I-we-er"

   I cut him off with a smile and a hug.

"I'm glad the two of you stopped being so oblivious." I said.

   Ten minutes later, we were all sitting at the kitchen table.

"Umm, I just wanted to say that Kirstov and I are dating now and I couldn't be happier and-" Viktor rambled.

"Vikky, I know. I'm not as dumb as I look." I joked with a smile.

"Wait, how?"

"We aren't really that good at hiding stuff, love, and I'm pretty sure she knows this house only has two bedrooms." Kirstov laughed, kissing Victor on the cheek.