Chapter 40

The next day we all met in the classroom again, right before our performance. Everybody was in the costume and we were almost ready. We walked down to the Great Hall and stood right outside the door.

"Is everybody ready?" I asked quietly as we waited.

"Yes" "Yup" "Yeah" were the replies I got.

   We heard murmuring from the other side of the giant doors. The twins had started the smoke.

"That's our que." I said, smirking.

   We pushed the doors open and walked in. We put our hands together as the smoke began to clear.

"1, 2, 3, FOR HOGWARTS!" We exclaimed, throwing our hands in the air.

   We skipped off to our formations. Here goes nothing. The music started, and so did we. Some of the students cheered. Others glared.

   By the end of our performance, Umbitch was pissed. Her face was red in anger. I smirked and waved at her mockingly before the twins set off more smoke and we disappeared from the onlookers' sight. We slipped out the door and ran back to the classroom, making sure that we weren't followed.

   By the time we got back, we were out of breath.

"That. Was. Awesome." Ginny said, inbetween breaths.

"Yeah, it was." I agreed.

"When are we going to do another?" Katie asked.

"We could do one on Wednesday, I think. We'll have to talk to Mcgonagall first. Would you guys want to do a new dance, then?" I asked.

"Yes!" "Definitely!" "Absolutely!"

"Okay, then." I said, laughing.

"I'll work on some choreography tonight and we can start practice again tomorrow night." I concluded, already having a song in mind.

   Only a minute later, Mcgonagall walked in.

"That was amazing, girls." She said.

"Thank you. We were wondering if we could do another one on Wednesday." I said.

"It's fine with me." She said.

"Okay, we'll have it in the courtyard, I think." I said.

   We figured out the details and got changed before heading to our afternoon classes.