Chapter 27

After walking about 6 blocks, Dean pulled my into a quaint little cafe.

"This is so cute!" I exclaimed as we stepped inside.

"It is, isn't it." Dean agreed as we sat down at a small table.

"Dean? I haven't seen you in what feels like forever!" A women, who looked to be in her mid sixties, said.

Dean stood up to hug the older lady before sitting back down, hold hands with me across the table.

"Tanya, this is Vanessa, my girlfriend. Nessa, this is Tanya, she-" Dean started but was cut off.

"I used to babysit Dean when he was little. Some of the strangest things happened." She said, smiling at me.

Me and Dean shared a knowing look, trying not to laugh.

"Now, what can I get the two of you?" Tanya asked, pulling a notebook out of her apron.

After we ordered a couple muffins and some coffee, she left.

"She's nice." I commented, trying to hide my giggle.

"Yeah, she's the closest thing I have to a grandmother, since I can't even remember mine." Dean said.

"Anyways, what do you want to do after this?" He said, changing the subject.

"We could go back to your place and watch movies. I brought about a million with me." I said, smiling innocently.

"Of course you did. Are you trying to torture me?" He joked, squeezing my hand.

"Hey, you know you like it." I said, laughing.

"Sure, I do." He teased, rolling his eyes as Tanya returned with our order.

"Mmm. This is so good!" I exclaimed after taking a bite out of my blueberry muffin.

"I know, right? She makes them fresh every day." Dean said, eating his chocolate chip muffin.

After we finished, Dean went to pay but Tanya declined.

"No need for that. It was good seeing you, and it was nice to meet you, Vanessa." She said before shooing us out the door.

"Thanks for bringing me here." I said, pecking Dean on the lips before we started walking back home.

"I didn't have much choice, Tanya was insistent about meeting you." He said, smiling down at me.

"Movie time!" I yelled as we entered the house and  I raced up to Dean's room to set up the movie player.

I heard Dean laugh and mumble something. Little did I know what he said was, "How did I get so lucky?"