Chapter 49

The next morning I was woken up by the boys rushing around, having forgotten to pack about half of their stuff. I laughed as I watched, not wanting to get out of bed yet. Eventually, the boys had finished packing and we went down to breakfast. I didn't even change out of my pajamas, feeling too tired. Sure, I got strange looks. Did I care? Not one bit.

   We sat down at the Gryffindor table, next to Hermione, Ginny, and Luna, who decided to join us.

"It's good to see that you're awake." Luna said.

"Yeah, you really scared us." Hermione said.

"I'm fine now." I said, taking a bite of eggs.

"Thank Merlin." Ginny said said.

"Hey, it'll take more than that for you guys to get rid of  me." I joked.

   Less than two hours later, I had changed out of my pajamas and we were on the Hogwarts Express. Dean, Seamus, Neville, and I all shared a compartment. I rested my head in Dean's lap as he played with my hair and the other two sat across from us.

"Everything's going to get worse from here on out, isn't it?" Neville asked, staring out the window.

"Yeah, but let's not think about that right now. What's everybody doing this summer?" I asked.

"Gran's probably going to make me clean out the attack." Neville groaned.

"I have to make sure that Mam doesn't freak out and keep me from coming back next year." Seamus said.

"If that happens, I s'pose I'll just have to come and talk to her than, huh?" I said.

"Good luck, she's stubborn." Seamus replied.

"You say that as if I'm not." I joked, earning a laugh from the boys.

   Before we new it, we were at King's Cross station. We said our goodbyes, parting ways. Dean and I searched for his parents, eventually finding them near the wall. Mrs. Thomas enveloped us in a hug and I immediately noticed something. I pulled away, raising my eyebrows, she laughed, nodding.

"What's so funny?" Dean asked obliviously, pulling away from his mum.

"We'll tell you when we get home. Now, grab both of your trunks and let's go." Mrs. Thomas said.

   The four of us walked through the wall and out to the parking lot. The trunks were loaded into the boot of the car and we were off!