Chapter 11

"May I have your attention, please?" Dumbledore asked.

It has been a month since the first task, and we were now at breakfast in the Great Hall.

"Slytherins must meet in the dungeons, Hufflepuffs in the courtyard, Ravenclaws in the library, and Gryffindors in the Great Hall." Dumbledore said, staring at me when he said 'Gryffindors' meaning I would be with them.

"Durmstrangs and Beauxbatons will meet in their ship and carriages. Meet in your respective place at 1 this afternoon. You are now dismissed." He said.

"I wonder why we're meeting." Dean said as the two of us walked to first period.

"I don't know, but it must be something big." I said as we entered the potions classroom.

"I can't believe that there's going to be a ball!" I exclaimed, causing Dean, Neville, and Seamus to laugh at my excitement.

We had just gotten out of dance classes with Mcgonagall.

"It is kinda exciting." Dean agreed.

"Vanessa!" Hermione said, rushing up to me.

"Who died?" I joked. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Me and you are going dress shopping tomorrow." she stated.

"Lucky for you, I didn't make any plans." I said, smiling at her eagerness.

"So, you're OK with it?" She asked.

"What choice do I have?" I teased.

"Either you agree to go, or I drag you along." She teased back.

"I'll meet you at the gates, tomorrow at 10?" She asked.

"Sounds good." I said. She smiled before leaving, probably to search for Ron and Harry.

"Try this one on!" Hermione exclaimed, handing me a orange dress. I looked at it with disgust.

We had already found Hermione a light pink gown, so now we were searching for the perfect one for me.

"What about this one?" She asked handing me a gorgeous gown.

I raced to try it on.

"Yes!" Hermione squealed.

"Now for shoes....." She said.

"Urgh." I said, face planting into Dean's bed, throwing the bags with my new dress and shoes onto the floor.

"What happened?" Dean asked, as he and the rest of the boys chuckled at my action. They were sitting in a circle on the floor and it looked like they were playing some muggle card game.

"My feet hurt." I complained. My boots were cute, but dam the can rub like a bitch.

"You shouldn't have worn those boots." Neville commented.

"But I like these boots." I said.

"But why would you were them if they they hurt your feet?" Ron asked.

"Because beauty is pain." I said, sitting up and pulling of the devil boots.

"OK, then." Seamus said.

"What do you have in the bags?" Harry asked.

"My dress and shoes for the ball." I said.

"Can we see?" Dean asked.

"No." I replied, putting the bags my trunk.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because I said so." I answered.

"I'll be back later, I'm going to go talk to Hermione about how we're going to do our hair for the ball." I said, walking out the door.

*Dean's POV*

"When are you going to ask her?" Seamus asked me.

"I don't know." I said.

"Well, you better figure it out." Neville added.

"I know." I sighed.