Chapter 51

The summer passed quickly and it was a little less than a week before Mrs. Thomas' due date. Ever since we got home, Dean and I have been working in the nursery. Both of us had been painting and putting everything together, although Dean did most of the painting.

"Nessa, can you come here?" Dean asked, or more like yelled, from the nursery.

   I walked out of our room and to the nursery, leaning on the door frame.

"What do you think?" He asked.

   I smiled. He had painted elegant white flowers over the plain turquoise walls.

"It's amazing." I said.

"Really?" He asked.

"Really." I replied, kissing him.

"Go wash off before that paint dries onto your skin, your mum said that lunch will be ready soon." I said, laughing as he pouted.

   I walked out of the room and down the stairs to the kitchen. I took the large bowl of spaghetti from Mrs. Thomas as she was going to carry it to the dining room.

"I've got it." I said, walking into the next room and setting it on the table.

"Thank you, dear." She said when I returned to the kitchen.

   Soon enough, all four of us were sitting at the table eating.

"We just have to rearrange the furniture, other than that it's done." Dean said.

"We'll do that in the morning, the paint will be dry by then." I said.

"Does that mean we'll finally be able to see it?" Mr. Thomas asked.

   Dean and I had banned the two from seeing the nursery until it was done, wanting to keep it a surprise.

"Yup" I said.

"Oh, yeah. Mrs. Weasley sent two baby blankets that she had made, they're hanging on the sides of the cribs." I said.

"Who's Mrs. Weasley?" Mrs. Thomas asked.

"Our friends' Mum." Dean answered.

   We quickly finished lunch. Dean and I went back upstairs, wanting to do the last finishing touches on the nursery.