⤜Chapter-10⤛

I take off my cloak

I take off my cloak.

Charles mouth makes a visible O and he stares at me in disbelief.

"Cassia", he gasps loudly and runs towards me.

"Shush", I say playfully, and I squeal as he lifts me up and spins me round and round.

"I can't believe it's you!", he grins.

I giggle. "Hey Charlie."

He sets me down.

His smile suddenly fades away.

"Cassia, I can't believe you would come to the castle! Do you know how risky it is for you? If father finds out, he'll send you back to auntie."

"That is why I came to you and not to him!", I say. "Don't worry, Charlie. He won't find out."

"I always worry about you. Of course, I understand why you didn't tell me you were running away, but I was upset. You should have sent me letter."

"You know it wasn't safe."

He nods sadly and I hug him tightly. "I will try to send you my details from now on, I promise."

I turn around and look at the Merida and Bette. They have removed their cloaks as well.

"Charlie, I would like you to meet Merida and Bette."

"Hi", Charles says as he pulls away and goes to greet the two of them by kissing their hands. I see Bette blush and I laugh at her reaction.

Charles turns around and looks at me. "I may not be a strategic like you, but if you're here, it's definitely for some work."

I tilt my head and smile at him. "You really know how to read me."

He smirks at me.

"Alright. But before I begin, I'm really sorry that we don't have the medicine for Eugenie, but I've come to te-"

"Wait a second.", he says bewildered. "How do you know about Eugenie?"

"I think everyone knows. Someone has really spread the word. Oh Charlie, don't look at me expectantly! I really want to scold you for trying to marry a human, but I know you're in love. And I really cannot scold you for that."

He looks touched, and then suddenly bewildered "How do you that I lo-"

"I came to the ball. Mother is looking for me, and we all are pretty sure she's planning something. Everything she does, every decision she takes, is somewhat related. I just can't point where. We were initially coming to observe her. You know how she hardly shows her face to the public now. But then Bette told me about your engagement, and so I was curious to see my brother's fiancée."