⤜Chapter-3⤛

We fall and fall and fall, but don't hit the ground

We fall and fall and fall, but don't hit the ground. I control the urge to scream, as I go further down into the black. After what seems like hours, I hear running water. It seemed impossible for a stream or a river to be down here.

Suddenly, everything lights up. I see walls of blue and purple crystals surrounding me. Ahead of me is a beautiful waterfall which ends as a river. The place is bright, as if the sun is just above. I look down to see the floor, made of transparent crystals. I land swiftly on the ground along with Merida. The landing was smooth which I had not expected.

"Welcome to un luogo magico," Merida says, her voice booming and echoing loudly.

"Wow," I gasp. The place is absolutely beautiful. The entire place glows with the reflection of an unknown light. I walk towards the river, admiring the place.

"I live here along with my granddaughter, Bette", Merida says as I take a handful of water from the river and drink it. Just then, a beautiful girl comes towards us with a pitcher. Her hair are as black as Merida's. She is wearing a sky-blue dress, along with a pair of heels.

"Bette", Merida greets her. "Help Cassia get settled. And tell her about day after." Bette nods at me and I follow her.

"Hi, I'm Bette," she says with a warm smile.

"Cassia," I return the smile. "Are you also a grey?"

"No, I'm a normal witch." I nod at her.

There is silence. I can only hear Bette's footsteps echoing. We turn left and go through a narrow path. I take in the view as the path ends. There is a chandelier above us, again made of crystal. I look in front of me and find a desk, a woman standing behind it. This room is also decorated with gorgeous crystal showpieces.

"Lisa, is the room ready?" Bette inquires. Lisa nods.

"That is our manager," Bette says quietly as we go towards the stairs. "She manages our whole staff."

"How many people live down here?"

"About thirty. Grandmother is pretty powerful, but she doesn't want fame." She pauses and takes out a beautiful key from her pocket. It has small purple crystals shaped as teardrops. "Had you ever heard about grandmother before?"

"No. I came to know about her today itself." We take a right turn and come upon a beautiful door. Bette waves her wand and a beautiful Cassia get imprinted in a fancy cursive. She opens the door with the key. I enter the room and gasp.

We are in a huge room. In front of me is a fancy dining table and a sofa, beside a bookshelf with all the witch classics – Reuder the grey wolf, Are we to broom?, To be or not to be, Finished off, The Book by the Queen, The troop of witches, Tiddy on the full croon, Getting caught by the shining moon and The night comes to a break. The bathroom is on the right side of the bookshelf.