~mimi and poppy~ chapter 24

Oliver's POV

I felt Kingston's arms unwrap from around me and a kiss being placed to my temple. Turning around I saw him walking towards the door to, I'm assuming, go let his parents in.

"Mama, where dada go?" Asher asked me, looking up from his fruit.

"Daddy went to go let grandma and grandpa in. They wanted to come meet their grandpup so we invited them over for lunch. Is that okay, baby?" A blush crossed Asher's face and he looked down at his tray, nodding slowly.

"Hey it's okay, bug. I'll be with you the whole time." I reassured him as I unbuckled him from the chair and placed him up on my hip.

"Pinky pwomise mama?" Asher asked, holding up his little pinky.

"Pinky promise, baby boy." I interlocked our fingers and bent down to kiss his forehead. When he heard the talking that was coming from the door getting closer he got all shy and nuzzled his face into my neck. "It'll be alright, sweet boy. Mama's here. I'm always here, love." I swayed us from side to side and that seemed to do the trick. He stayed where he was but I could feel him calming down slightly.

"He's just through here mom." Kingston rounded the corner with his parents following close behind.

"Oh, he's just the cutest little thing! Dave, look at him!" Kingston's mom, Lydia, exclaimed as she entered the kitchen, pointing her finger at Asher. I could feel the heat from his cheek in my neck and his little fists gripped the back of my shirt impossibly tight.

"Can you say hi to grandma and grandpa, baby?" I asked him as I rubbed his back. He whined when I tried to move his head.

"I guess we'll just have to give this very special present to another boy. Dave, do we know someone else who likes beauty and the beast?" Asher gasped when Lydia said beauty and the beast and he quickly lifted his head, eyes wide as he stared straight up to Lydia.

"Spwecial pwesent?" We all chuckled but Asher looked confused, not really understanding why the situation was funny to us. "Awshie wan' p'ease?" He asked, looking only at Lydia.

"Can you say hello first, hun?" He nodded slowly and gave a quick wave towards Lydia and Dave, Kingston's father. They both smiled at my pup and Asher's face burned even brighter.

"Hi Asher, grandma and I got you a present. Would you like to come sit with us in the living room and open it up?" Dave asked as he stepped closer to Asher. Asher thought for a second as he rested in my arms and I bounced him through his consideration.

"Yesh p'ease. Bu' don' wike gwandma and gwandpa." He said and Kingston's parents gasped along with my husband and I.

"Did we do something wrong, hun? We can give you more space if you need." Lydia started as she backed away but stopped when Asher started shaking his head.

"Nu, Awshie wike yous bu' too hawd to say fo' me." He explained quietly. Lydia and Dave had relieved expressions as they both walked up to Asher, now being able to see his face as I turned him around in my hold. They each grabbed one of his hands, bouncing them in their hold.

"That's perfectly fine, love. What would you like to call us?" Lydia asked as she looked into Asher's eyes and he thought for a minute.

"Mimi." He stated, leaning up to kiss Lydia's cheek. "Poppy." He said next, turning his head to kiss Dave's cheek too. "Wike?" He asked, a little unsure when they hadn't answered his question after a few moments.

"We love them, sweetie." Dave said for them both and returned Asher's gesture by kissing the boy on the cheek.

"Thank you for expressing your thoughts, sweet boy. Mama's so proud of you." I said when Lydia and Dave moved away a little. Kingston came up next to us and wrapped an arm around me.

"Daddy's very proud of you too, darling. Now, I think I remember someone mentioning a special present." King reminded us as he hugged me to his side and rubbed Asher tummy with his other hand. Asher beamed a large smile from the past praise and started bouncing in my arms.

"Wets go mama!" Asher said excitedly. I chuckled as Kingston removed his arm and allowed me to walk Asher into the living room, the rest following us from behind. I sat down on the couch and arranged Asher so he was sitting up in my lap facing the rest of the room. He watched as Lydia sat down next to us and Dave sat across from us. Kingston soon sat down as well right beside his father.

"Here you go, love. We hope you like it." Lydia said nervously as she handed Asher a baby blue bag with white polka dots on it. Asher grabbed it and set it on his lap, quickly throwing the tissue paper all around the room and reaching his small arm inside to grab the item. He gasped out loud when he pulled out a Belle themed baby doll.

"Mama wook, it Belle." He practically yelled, thrusting the doll in my face so I could look. It was impressive; it came with it's own pacifier and a tiny plastic crown.

"I see, love. It's very nice. Now, what do we say to mimi and poppy?" I asked him, the names rolling off my tongue easily. He quickly turned towards them while holding the box close to his chest.

Goddess could he get anymore adorable!

"Fank yous mimi and poppy. Wove Belle wots and wove yous too." Asher said and he reached his arms up towards their general direction, surprising Kingston and I greatly. Lydia looked unsure but she picked him up and sat him on her lap. He cuddled close to her chest and Dave moved to sit next to them. He hugged them both from the side before kissing Asher on the head.

"We already love you so much too, hun." He said and they continued on with their little moment causing Kingston and I to watch fondly from afar.

"Well what are you waiting for? Come get in on some of this love!" Lydia said with a small laugh, motioning for Kingston and I to join them. We sat on either side of them and squeezed the three tightly.

"Gwoup huggies!" Asher yelled, making all of us laugh and in turn causing him to giggle wildly.

"Welcome to the family, Ash." Dave said and I couldn't keep the large grin from escaping me.

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)