~rainbows and dinos~ chapter 10

Third Person POV

Asher stirred in his sleep and his eyes slowly peeled open as he shifted in the crib. The first thing he noticed was that he was alone, without meaning to his thoughts started to drift. Had his mummy and daddy left him? Did they finally realize he was as worthless as his old alpha always said he was? Did he do something wrong and this was his punishment?

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't hear when the door opened and Oliver entered the room, met with the sight of a distraught Asher with tears and snot running down his face.

"Oh, my sweet boy. What's wrong, hun?" Oliver asked as he approached the crib, reaching down and picking up Asher. He quickly maneuvered him so he was pressed against his chest with a hand pressing his head to his neck.

"Mama? Dada?" Asher asked, confused as he didn't know what was happening.
"It's me, baby boy. Mumma's here." Oliver soothed, running a hand up and down his baby's back while he bounced the boy lightly. "Can you tell mama what happened?" He asked the sniffling boy.

"Awshie awone. Mama an' dada no 'ere when I's wake up." He mumbled out, allowing his mummy to hold his head up for him.

Oliver's face crumbled as he thought about how scary that must have been for Asher. When they got to their home that day Asher was still asleep from the sedative so they put him in his nursery. They didn't think about him waking up without them there or him waking up in another unfamiliar place.

"I'm so sorry, darling. Mumma should've left you with him, huh?" Oliver asked as he continued to rock the boy. "Do you need a change, baby?" Asher thought for a second and realized he had in fact used his diaper so he gave his mummy a small nod.

Asher was placed on the changing mat and his sweatpants were rolled down his legs. Oliver unsnapped the onesie and worked on untapping the little ones nappy. He rolled it up and threw it in the trash can to the side of the changing table before getting to work on the whole changing process. When Asher was in a fresh, clean diaper Oliver strapped him down to the table so he could go pick out a new pair of pajamas without the boy falling. Asher gave little protest, just kicking his tiny legs up a little and bringing his hand up to suck on a few fingers.

"Okay, which one, baby boy?" Oliver asked holding up two footie onesies with connected little mittens. One had little daisies on it and the other had a rainbow spread along the chest area. Asher smiled widely at the rainbow, being a big fan of bright colors, and used the hand that wasn't occupied to point at the rainbow onesie.

"Wonderful choice, sweetheart. I love rainbows too." Oliver said as he gently worked Asher into the onesie and lightly tickled his tummy causing a breathy giggle to fall from the boys lips.

"You look adorable, sweetheart. Now, how about a binkie and then we'll go meet daddy downstairs?" Oliver asked as he unbuckled Asher and picked him up, placing him on his hip.

"Dada, mama. We go see dada." Asher squealed excitedly and clapped his little hands.

"Of course, sweet boy. How's this paci?" Asher looked at the dinosaur plush pacifier and let out another excited squeal.

"Dino, mama." He giggled happily and Oliver laughed with him, carefully placing the paci in Asher's mouth. The boy sucked happily.

Asher stayed in Oliver's arms as they made their way downstairs, towards the kitchen where Kingston was cooking dinner.

"Dada!" Asher exclaimed loudly, dropping his paci in the process.

"Is that my baby boy I hear?" Kingston replied in the same exited manner as he walked over to them both, grabbing the fallen binkie and washing it quickly before plopping it back in Asher's mouth. "You are absolutely adorable, baby." Kingston smiled down at his baby and leaned over to give Oliver a quick kiss. "How was he?" He asked Oliver.
"A little fussy when he woke up but I'd say he's doing just fine now, huh bub?" Oliver replied giving the boy a little tickle and enjoying the giggle he got in return.

"That's good. Dinners almost ready. We're having spaghetti but little Ashie is having plain butter noodles. I figure we can put him in his highchair and he can sit between us at the table." Kingston said.

Oliver approached the highchair and carefully set Asher down on the padded seat. He thought he'd have some fight from the boy but he seemed perfectly content. Oliver finished buckling him in and rolled the chair over to the table just as King was setting it and putting plates down.

Asher watched his parents curiously as they moved around the kitchen. After his little crying a while ago he slipped a little younger in his headspace and was now resting at a steady 6-8 months which left him a little confused but just happy to be with his mummy and daddy.

"Here you go, sweet boy." Oliver said as he placed a plastic, colorful bowl of noodles and a plastic fork in front of the boy followed by a sippy cup filled with water.

Oliver and Kingston sat on either side of Asher and started eating while making small conversation. Asher just sat and stared at his food. He'd never been given food like this. Never used utensils. He didn't know what to do and after a few minutes he let out a small whine, lightly banging his hands on his tray. Frustration building and small tears forming in the corners of his eyes.

"What's wrong, darling? Why aren't you eating?" Kingston asked the agitated boy who just continued to whine, his good mood quickly changed to a bad one.
"Do you need daddy to feed you, love?" Tears rolled down Asher's face while he reached his arms out indicating he wanted out of his high chair.

"Dada." Asher mumbled as his daddy picked him up and set him down on his lap. Kingston held Asher so his back was pressed to his chest and he could wrap an arm around the boys waist. He didn't want his little one to fall.

"Alright, open up, sweetheart." Kingston said as he brought a forkful of noodles to the boys lips. The rest of dinner continued just the same, Asher completely content again as his tears had dried and he was resting in his daddy's lap as he was fed. About halfway through he was switched over to his mummy so Kingston could eat but Asher just pressed himself towards his mumma's warmth and excepted what he was given.

"While mummy does the dishes would my sweet boy like to come with me on a tour of the house?" Kingston asked, peering down at the boy who was once again on his lap.

"Yesh p'ease, dada." Asher replied sweetly around the binkie that made it's way back between his lips after dinner.

"Good manners, baby boy. Now, lets go see your new home."

To be continued...

-

a/n - hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you think of the chapter :)